chapter 26. civil war

While Y/n is on his adventure. Outworld is having an issue of secession. With most of outworld believing that Shao Khan is dead, now only his two daughters remain. Sindel has gone missing since Shao's apparent death. This leaves only Kitana and Mileena.

Leaders argue over who shall lead, the two sides face off in a debate in the throne room.

Baraka: Mileena should be Khan!

Reptile: You say that, only because she has Tarkatan blood in her veins!

Jade: Kitana is the most likely to produce an heir to the throne, she should be Khan!

Shang Tsung: What are you implying, Jade?

Jade: Stating facts, nothing more.

Kitana: While it is true, Jade. This is meant to be a civil discussion.

Baraka: Lies!

Goro: I agree, nothing about this is meant to be civil.

Motaro: This is pointless, Kitana should be Khan!

?: I disagree!

The group look to see Kotal enter the room.

Jade: Kotal!

Kotal: A leader should never be chosen by birth, but by deeds!

Kotal walk besides Mileena.

Kotal: Mileena saved my life in the flesh pits, Shao Khan betrayed me and left me there to rot. And a friend of mine would also support Mileena, so I am here to represent him.

Quan Chi enters the room.

Quan Chi: You speak of Y/n, correct?

Quan Chi walks beside Kitana.

Quan Chi: Maybe now you should tell everyone about it, Mileena.

The leaders look at Mileena who looks down at her feet, she removes her veil from her face.

Mileena: I am in love with Y/n.

Kitana looks at Mileena in shock and so does most of the other leaders.

Mileena: I know that most of you might see our union as taboo or traitorous, but believe me when I say that he is nobody's enemy!

Reptile: Lies! She betrays Outworld!

Mileena: No, I do not!

Goro: Mileena, by technicality. If you rule, so does Y/n.

Mileena looked at Goro

Mileena: I suppose, if we were to marry that would be true.

Goro: The Shokan rule by might alone, the strongest survive. And Y/n has defeated me in battle.

Goro stands with Mileena's side.

Quan Chi: Well I for one, wish to support Kitana Khan.

Noob and Scorpion appear beside Quan Chi.

Mileena: Scorpion, Y/n told me about you. He says that it reminds himself of his own past. He wanted to help you, as do I.

Shang Tsung walked beside Mileena.

Shang: I also learnt that is Quan Chi who ordered the death of your clan.

Scorpion turned towards Quan Chi who took a step back.

Shang: It was quite a clever plot, except you can't trust someone whose loyalty is bought.

Quan Chi looks at his rival who is smirking at him. Scorpion in response teleports beside Mileena.

Scorpion: My blade is yours, Mileena Khan.

Mileena smiles and nods.

Kitana: Let's take a break, let cooler heads prevail.

Mileena: I agree, sister.

The leaders leave the room, Ermac approaches Mileena.

Ermac: Mileena, we have something we wish to show you.

Mileena: What is it Ermac?

Ermac: We do not wish to hide a secret that Shao Khan wanted hidden from you.

Mileena: Oh? Lead the way.

Ermac leads her to the flesh pits.

Mileena: Why here?

Ermac goes over to a covered tank, he removes the covering, revealing a failed version of Mileena.

Mileena looks at it in shock and approaches.

Mileena: My father, tried to clone me!

Ermac: No, you are a clone. Of Kitana.

Mileena: W...What!

Mileena stared for about two minutes. She then dropped onto her knees.

Ermac: We didn't want to keep up this charade anymore. We will leave you to cope.

Ermac floats away.

Mileena didn't have anything else to do but cry, her whole world turned upside down. Y/n wasn't here to help her.

Mileena wipes her tears and gets up.

Mileena: This changes nothing!

Mileena storms out of the flesh pits. But can she keep a cool head?