chapter 29 intervention

The civil war rages on. Traditional battles follow along with guerilla warfare. Meanwhile Reiko and the Kytinn continue to cause havoc on both sides. Liu Kang continues his observations, unable to truly distinguish who Earthrealm should even consider supporting.

Days pass before Reiko and the Kytinn join the war in the open, after having no issues for a while. The Kytinn keep their numbers large and growing.

Liu Kang sees the aftermath of a Kytinn attack on a village. It was completely razed and only the dead remained. Liu Kang knew that he couldn't allow Reiko and the Kytinn to stay active in the civil war.

He wasn't foolish enough to think he could do it alone. He knew that he would need help. So he heads back home to seek help.

When he steps through a portal to return home, he is greeted by Raiden.

Raiden: Have you come to a conclusion?

Liu: I am afraid not. The situation has changed. There is another power at play. One by the name of Reiko. He leads a force called the Kytinn. He has managed to outsmart both of the armies and is making progress. He is more dangerous than either of the two sisters.

Raiden: That is concerning. But we do not have the power to amass an army to tackle this threat. Perhaps you can seek the help of Master Bo Rai Cho?

Liu: I could take Kung Lao with me as well.

Raiden: Very well. Kung Lao can join you as you seek help. This experience should benefit you both.

The duo arrive in Outworld and begin to search for the drunken master.

Meanwhile Mileena and her forces begin to hunt for Reiko's main base. However this would prove to be a hard task, considering the underground network the Kytinn creates.

Mileena is however also preoccupied, her mind wanders as she thinks about Y/n. She worries that he is not safe.

Kotal manages to catch one of these moments, seeing her look down at her own feet.

Kotal: Mileena, your gaze wanders. Would you like to share what troubles you?

Mileena: I might as well. My thoughts wander to Y/n. It has been a while, and I worry for his safety.

Kotal: I understand. My thoughts wonder to the one I love as well. She sides with Kitana.

Mileena: I see. But that is not all that worries me. I have been thinking of what would happen if we won this war. What I would have to do with my sister. And what to do about Shang Tsung.

Kotal: You worry about the sorcerer?

Mileena: He is a snake. I have no idea what his plan is. But I know he is only loyal to himself.

Kotal: Yes. I can assume the same can be said for Kitana and Quan Chi. One that hails from the Netherealm is a recipe for disaster.

Mileena: I suppose so. But either way this war will only end when we capture Kitana.

Kotal: You know that it will not be enough. Mileena, we will need to convince her to surrender.

Mileena: I do not foresee that happening. But I suppose I have no other options.

Kotal: Did Khaciarealm offer any support?

Mileena: No. Xerox tells me that there is things he has to consider. He refuses to elaborate.

Later in the week, Liu Kang and King Lao arrive at a village.

They hear a commotion and go to investigate, they see a drunk Bo Rai Cho and Li Mei fighting some bandits.

Liu: I think we found him.

Kung: Yes, I recognize that stench anywhere.

They approach as the last bandit falls. Bo Rai Cho sees them.

Bo: Oh! Is that you, Liu Kang?

Liu: Indeed.

Bo: And Kung Lao? I must be too drunk.

Li Mei: Not this time. I see them too.

Bo: Ah. Thank you Li Mei. It is nice to get a second opinion.

Liu: We need your help. Reiko and Kytinn have joined the outworld civil war.

Li Mei: We know. We've ran into a few of their ambushes.

Bo: Yes. They have kept us busy.

Liu: We seek to deal with this threat ourselves.

Bo Rai Cho laughs.

Bo: I may be drunk, but I am not stupid. That would be suicide.

Kung: Sounds like our kind of mission then.

Li Mei: I suppose so.

Bo: Well. I guess I can go along with it. But I'll need more drink.

Li Mei: You can never have enough, can you?

Bo: No.

Kung: You never change.

Liu: After you get your drink. I have an idea on how we can find the main base of out enemy.

Kung: That sounds like it involves a lot of fighting.

Liu: It will.

Li Mei: Then it won't be easy.

Liu: Sometimes the hard way, is the best way.

Li Mei: Fair enough.