11 THE CONFESSION

"I want you, today, tomorrow, next week and for the rest of my life" ~Jungkook

|Author's pov|

Jungkook has made a full recovery after being shot two days ago, which Y/n is relieved about since his wound was not too deep.

After finishing her shift at the cafe, she finally arrives home in the evening.

However, she has noticed a change in the cafe environment since rejoining last week.

Everyone is suddenly very nice to her, but it seems like they are doing so out of fear. Y/n doesn't mind their tender behavior, but she can't help but feel like they are afraid of someone. Little does she know, they are afraid of Jungkook.

The manager even doubled her salary, despite her not coming to work.

Y/n has asked her coworkers about their odd behavior towards her, but they have brushed it off.

Jiha, a coworker who previously tried to flirt with Jungkook, is now behaving more rudely towards Y/n, glaring at her from time to time.

Jiha has always been insolent towards Y/n, but her behavior has recently intensified.

"Ugh! Y/n, maybe you're overthinking. Stop thinking like that; it's only confusing your already jumbled mind more," she thought as she grabbed her hair in frustration.

Her disease was only making things worse, and she didn't want to die so young. Like every other person, she had a wish to live a happy and healthy life, but she couldn't.

It seemed as though fate was not on her side.

As Daehyun's only family member, she couldn't help but worry about what would happen to him after she was gone.

Y/n longed for someone to confide in, someone to share her deepest thoughts and feelings with, but sadly, she was all alone.

As a single tear rolled down her cheek, she whispered, "Please, God, don't give me any more pain. I don't think I'll be able to bear it."

Y/n was abruptly brought back to reality by Daehyun's words, "Noona, Taehyung hyung is here."

She quickly wiped away her tears and turned around, flashing a smile at Daehyun.

"Alright, please tell him to have a seat and wait for a moment. I'm nearly finished," she said calmly. Daehyun nodded in agreement before exiting the room.

Today, Jungkook had invited Y/n to dinner, which felt more like a date. He had mentioned that he had something very important to tell her.

However, Y/n had decided today that she would tell him to stay away from her as much as possible. She had unknowingly started to develop feelings for him, and she knew that he felt the same way. His kind and gentle demeanor, along with the affection he showed her, spoke volumes.

But she didn't want to be with him. To her, what was the point of starting a relationship when they would ultimately be separated, causing them both pain?

Every day, Y/n felt as though she was getting closer to her end, to her death. She didn't want to cause Jungkook any pain or grief after she was gone.

She would tell him to keep his distance so that they could both control their feelings and avoid future sorrow.

Y/n hoped that Jungkook would understand her reasoning.

Y/n cast one last glance at herself in the mirror, admiring the dress that Jungkook had given her to wear. The garment was simple yet elegant, not too revealing, just as she had wanted.