Chapter 41 - The first session

Amanda James

I've been thinking about the community, ever since Roni told me.I found it very comfortable talking to her just because she had an experience treating someone with cancer I bet it's going to be good for me talking to someone who experienced the same thing. So I texted Roni that I want to go and she said they're usually held a meeting on Sunday so here I am waiting for her to pick me up.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Mom asked for the thousands time.

"Yes," I nodded then she nodded even though I can clearly see the worry on her face but I know I'll be fine.

Few minutes later I heard a honk from outside of the house and I see a red mustang parked at the front. I had no idea she drive a mustang, my lips curled into a big smile once I saw her through the window.

"Is it even safe?" Mom asked then I laugh.

"Of course," I said before taking my bag with me, making my way into the front door.

"Bye mom, love you," I said.

"Drive safe," she said while following me to get out of the house.

I walk out of the house with a big smile on my face when I saw Roni in the driver seat, she looks so cool driving it I've never been in a mustang before only the coolest people drive this kind of car.

"I didn't know you drive a mustang," I chuckle.

"How do you like it?" She asked then I chuckle.

"Really cool," I nodded.

"Yeah! Get in James," she said before I opened the door to get myself in as my mom watch from the front porch.

"Don't worry Autumn, I'll drive her back here in one piece," Roni said as I chuckle.

"Drive safe girls!" Is all my mom can say.

She began to drive the car to nowhere she said that it's not so far from here so I think it'll take around 30 minutes drive. She turned on the music from the radio and she began to sing carelessly which make me laugh.

Just like how I expected few minutes later we arrived at the house community. It's a white building that look much more like a house that has a big backyard. I was expecting there would be only 5 people coming but there are more of them. I got out of the car and stare at the building that look exactly like a.., home.

"Looks like a nursing home," I said then Roni chuckles.

"Follow me," she said then we began to get inside, we stopped at the front table there's where a young lady greeted Roni like she has known her for a long time.

"Hi Roni, it's been a long time," the lady said then she only smiles.

"How can I help you?" The lady ask as I still look around as I found some pictures hanging on the wall.

"I'm here with my..," she turned her head around to look at me.

"Friend," she said then I walk closer to the table.

"Alright,"

"Amanda James," Roni said as the young lady wrote down my name.

"17/18?" Roni asked then I don't know what to say but nodded.

"Hey Amanda I'm Laurie, nice to meet you," she introduced herself as I shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you too," I said.

"The sharing session is about to begin let me walk you to the room," she smiles at me as I turn my head to look at Roni who's leaning against the table.