7. Rivals?

The next day, everything seemed to start as the previous days.
The girls were getting used to the house's habits and their strange hosts particularities. It seemed almost surreal, but they couldn't help feeling a strong attraction to their chosen '' partners ''. Even Erza, who was the most careful, and who needed time to trust people, with Jellal, felt like she had nothing to fear, or to fight.
That day, sitting alone with him in one of the large living rooms, she asked him about more details, about his kind.
'' Jellal, I was wondering if you... I mean your kind, do change your appearance under some circumstances or situation? Or could that happen to us as well if we become your brides? '' she asked.
'' Actually my dear, there are a few minor changes, we might develop... But only at certain times of the year, and always when the Moon is full. It might also happen if we get into a ferocious rage... If we are threatened, even by those of our same kind. As for you... After the first night together, you will experience your first demonic form, meaning that you are fully one of us... But each individual has his own powers and appearances... The only thing we all have in common are our fangs. ''
'' So can you shapeshift into another form, or animal? '' she asked a bit confused.
Jellal laughed light-heartedly, before he answered her'' no don' t worry! There's no chance that you ever see me under the form of a bat or a howl. Nor a wolf. Even if some of us have some animal characters under their demonic form, it's only partially, some traits, like wings, claws, horns... Scales. But don't worry about it my Lady... By then, you will wear your ring, and acquired your own characteristics. Don't think too much about what legends and stories say about us... '' he smiled.
Levy was having a similar conversation with Gajeel...
''So you are telling me that you will look something like a licantrope? A ware wolf?' 'she asked with fear laced in her voice.
' 'Gheehee na Lev'... I'm just gonna have my hair longer, my fangs will also be more visible and claws would show on my hands. But my family has a particular demonic form, producing iron over our body... Just comes to show how the story about killin' one of us with a silver ball or knife... It's just tales and folklore '' he smirked.
'' And.. W... What will happen to mme? '' she asked stammering.
'' Ghee... Who knows? Each one of us has specific characteristics... Maybe ya'll turn into a sexy vixen... With claws and horns... '' he joked, but seeing her visibly upset, he laughed and added '' dontcha worry yer lil head Shrimp... Yer be cute anyway! ''

They were all sitting together, in the largest octogonal room, with columns, with mosaics on the floor and on part of the walls, while a coupole, made of carved wood, and coloured glass, formed the roof, under which, hanged on copper chains, fine chiseled copper lanterns, also with coloured glass on each side, to be used as lamps, by night.
Everything seemed calm, when suddenly they heard noise from the main gate, and two men walked, Making Gray and Jellal rise up, with a deadly glare in their eyes, which were shining with a purple fire inside.
'' It's nice to see you, my brother... '' a man with white silver hair, and green eyes, dressed in pale blue and silver, nodded to Gray with a smirk.
'' I don't remember that I allowed you back here any time, Lyon, and remember we're only step brothers... You are not from my clan... ''
'' because our mother had me from her first marriage... And married your father after my father was killed! '' Lyon glared back at him. The other man, had long blond hair, held back in a low ponytail, under a large, antique hat, with a purple and white feather, he had a mask on his face, was dressed in burgundy and had long boots, which was all quite unusual. Both men stand there, clearly as a provocation.
'' Your manners didn't improve either, I can see... You should introduce us properly to the Ladies here... '' the blond man said,taking off his hat and noding with excessive gallantry to the girls, looking at Erza in particular.
'' I never invited you here Rufus, and you really have the gall to show your ugly smug here, since our families are still in feud! '' Jellal glared this time.
But Lyon was just staring at Juvia, and, taking his white gloves off, he continued as if he were welcomed there.
'' Gray, he's right, and I must admit that you show for once good taste in something, if not for your clothes... Who's this charming creature? ''

'' it's none of your business Lyon! And I summon you to get out of here at once, both of you! Am I clear enough? '' Gray talked through clenched teeth, suddenly, one side of his body covered with black marks, his eyes glowing purple, and his fangs...

'' it's none of your business Lyon! And I summon you to get out of here at once, both of you! Am I clear enough? '' Gray talked through clenched teeth, suddenly, one side of his body covered with black marks, his eyes glowing purple, and his fangs showing.
'' well, I can't say that was brotherly from you... Anyways, we all know what the next full Moon means, in 4 days... '' Lyon kept looking at Juvia with lust, not even caring to look at Gray, until he was slammed against one of the columns of the room.

Then Luxus, as the head of their clan, glared, producing literally electric waves, and took both of the uninvited guests to the front door.
'' Let's hope we got rid of them for good... '' said, still seething anger.
Gray took a while before returning to his normal self. . But he felt that he should be careful, and don't trust Lyon, who was jealous of him since he was born, and he didn't like at all the way he had looked at Juvia. By the way, Lyon had notoriously a '' harem' of human girls that he kept as slaves... Gray instinctively held Juvia closer around her waist, and she rested her head on his shoulder. He felt that they should be careful, and he shared with his fellow vampires, his thoughts and fears, by telepaty, to be prepared...he didn't trust Lyon, not one bit.