Chapter seven

"Riley, room 202 needs to be cleaned." Blin told Riley. She rolled her eyes and let Anna take over the front desk. She grabbed some cleaning supplies and walked up the two flights of stairs to get to room 202.

On the way she was met with her mother. Riley tried to walk past but Lissa grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her back.

"What?" Riley asked harshly, crossing her arms. "You and Mandy have to go to the market. Can I trust you?" She told her daughter. Riley rolled her eyes. "Yes mum, I'm quite responsible if you hadn't noticed." She remarked.

Lissa's face grew red with anger. "You leave in 20 minutes. That room better be done by then!" She said. Riley nodded her head and turned back around towards the room.

After cleaning, Riley went into the house to see if her sister was ready to leave. "Don't forget those credits you've saved from Kamino! There's a lot of pretty things in the market." Mandy told her. "How could I forget that?" Riley joked.

"Ok let's get outta here." Mandy whispered. Riley chuckled and led the way outside and to the speeders. They each got on one and headed off towards town.

They parked their speeders a few minutes away from the town. "You gonna get more hair dye?" Mandy asked suddenly. "Hm? Oh..maybe." Riley mumbled in response. The rest of the walk into town was silent.

"Oh there's some fruits! I'm going to be over there." Riley said, pointing to a stand. "Okay, I'll be over there getting some meat." Mandy said. They parted ways and Riley greeted the vendor.

She bought a few bags of fruit as well as some candles. She walked towards some stands with what looked like various beads and charms. 'It won't hurt to get some supplies' she thought.

She picked out her beads and the vendor put them in a pouch for her. She paid the needed credits and moved on to the next stand.

She went around buying both necessities and things for herself. She was about to go meet up with Mandy before two passersby caught her attention.

"Did you here? That Jedi was killed by his own men!" One of them said. "Yeah! Apparently the Jedi are traitors to the republic, but they've done nothing wrong." The other said. "Maybe they've gone crazy?" The first one said. Riley quietly followed them to hear what they were saying.

"Well whatever was wrong with 'em, at least the war is over." The second one shrugged. 'Over?' Riley thought. 'My boys are done fighting?' She looked up at the foggy sky and smiled sadly. 'I hope you boys are okay.' She thought.

She snapped herself out of her trance and walked to where she seen Mandy buying something. "What did ya buy, Mandy?" She asked, approaching her sister. "Mostly supplies for the inn, what about you?" She said.

"Fruits, candles, and beads." Riley answered. Mandy eyed her suspiciously. "Okay, what's wrong?" She questioned. "Nothing, just—the war is over and all I want is to know if the boys are alright." Riley confessed.

"I'm sure they are, Ri. After all it's what they're bred for." Riley looked down at the last sentence. "Yes but clones don't always make it, you know that!" Riley said. "You worry too much about them! You haven't seen them in four years, I doubt they even remember you Riley!" Mandy yelled.

Riley felt tears well up in her eyes as she looked down to avoid her sister's gaze. "Ri-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"Just don't." Riley cut her off. She shoved the bag of fruit into her sister's arms and ran off to her speeder. She drove back home and ran into her room. She threw her bag onto a nearby chair and flopped into her bed crying.