Chapter seventeen

Riley and the batch had been thrown into the brig and left there for three whole hours. To Hunter's surprise, nothing bad had happened to them. In fact, a medic had come in to treat Wrecker's blaster wound.

Tech had speculated that the reason they were still being treated well was solely because of Riley. He, Hunter and Wrecker all knew that if anything happened to Riley under Crosshair's watch he'd go mad.

"You sure you're alright,Wrecker?" Riley asked for the 50th time. Wrecker groaned and attempted to stand up. "Ugh I'm fine mom!" He told her. Riley immediately grabbed hold of Wrecker's arms and helped him get to his feet.

"You shouldn't be standing, you can hurt yourself more." Riley protested. "She is right Wrecker, although you were treated, I would not trust the impirial medics here." Tech stated.

"Well at least he's not dying, Tech." Riley snapped. Tech raised his hands in surrender, knowing one more comment could make her explode.

"Riley, you need to calm down. Wrecker's fine. We just need to focus on getting out of this cell." Echo told her, leaning against one of the cell walls. Riley nodded and backed away from Wrecker, letting him stand on his own.

"Hunter do you have a plan?" Omega asked, hanging upside down from the one bed that was provided. Hunter sighed and shook his head 'no'.

"Mega, I'd stop hanging like that if I were you" Wrecker told her worriedly. "Wrecker it isn't as high as your bunk on Kamino, she's fine." Riley protested, remembering Wrecker hurting himself when he was younger.

Wrecker scoffed and scooped Omega into his arms and started tickling her. Riley chuckled and sat behind Hunter on the floor, grasping his hair and using her fingers to comb through it.

Tech and Echo watched  her, curious as to what she was doing. Hunter blushed of embarrassment and tried to move away but Riley pulled his hair when he did.

"Mom what are you doing?" Hunter asked, clearly flustered. Riley ignored his question and continued brushing through his hair.

"Tech, Echo, what style do you think I should do?" She asked. "Do two huge buns, one on each side of his head." Echo suggested. Hunter groaned and glared at Echo.

"That sounds perfect! Hunter hold still." Riley exclaimed. Hunter reached back and grabbed her hands from his hair. He turned around and gave her a look 'do it and you die' (if looks could kill omg).

Riley let her hands fall to her lap and looked down at the floor. Hunter sighed and sat back down in front of her. "Ugh fine. But they are only staying for 5 minutes." Hunter muttered. Riley perked up and went to work on his hair.

[time skip brought to you by Hunter with Princess Leia buns]

It had been a few hours since Riley and The Bad Batch had been put into the prison cell on the Star destroyer. They had gotten no word from anyone on what was supposed to happen to them and Riley was getting a little anxious.

"What if they just let us rot in here?" She wondered, laying on the floor and staring up at the ceiling. She had gotten bored styling Hunter and Omega's hair after 30 minutes and was mad that only two of her children had hair that was long enough to actually do anything with it.