Chapter eight

"That girl looked familiar." Wrecker said, looking out the window of the room. "She did, however I don't think I've seen her before." Tech agreed. "Well I've never seen her." Echo shrugged, taking his mask off.

"Hunter come see my room!" Omega exclaimed as she walked through the door that connected the two rooms. "Alright kid." Hunter chuckled and followed Omega into her room.

"Well we all know who her favorite is." Echo remarked. "Yeah, well I'm her second favorite!" Wrecker shouted. Echo rolled his eyes and mumbled something about him being the favorite.

————————————————————

"Jido! Damnit Jido, where are you?!" Riley yelled, walking into the living room. "I swear to the maker that if you and Anna are out on a date again I'm gonna cause a breakup." She grumbled.

She walked to the inn through the back entrance and seen Anna and Jido talking. 'They're probably being lovey dovey again.' She thought. As she approached the pair she was able to head their conversation more clearly.

"Love, I'm telling you, that droid did not look like a droid!" Anna told him. "Anna, it had a socket-arm!" He argued. Riley cleared her throat and looked at the two.

They snapped their heads in her direction and sighed. "Whatcha talking about, lovebirds?" Riley asked. "The new guests in room 50. They looked kinda like clones to be honest." Jido answered. "I think they're kidnappers. Think about it, three men—probably with guns—and a little girl?" Anna interjected.

"One of them is probably like her dad or something. Or maybe she's in trouble and they're looking after her." Jido said. "After all, both her and the big one were wearing flower crowns from Marlene's shop.I don't think kidnappers would get matching gifts."

Anna rolled her eyes and faced her sister. "Ri, tell my dear, sweet, boyfriend that I'm right." She said sweetly. Riley pretended to think, putting her hand on her chin and furrowing her eyebrows. "Jido is probably right." She said finally, smirking at her sister.

Anna scoffed and rolled her eyes. Riley chuckled and turned her attention back to Jido. "How long are they staying?" She asked. "About a week, however the leader said they'd be here until they get more credits." Jido answered her. Riley nodded and grabbed his arm.

"Ok. Now, back to why I'm here. You need to help dad with the garden." She started tugging him to the back door. "Then why didn't he just come get me?" Jido asked. "Because that lazy shabuir wants me to do simple tasks for him." She stated.

Jido raised a non-existent eyebrow at her. "Was that Mando'a?" He asked, stopping in front of the door. "Hm? Oh, yeah it is. When I worked on Kamino I picked up a few things." Riley mumbled.

Jido went outside and Riley walked back to the front desk where Anna was. "You're a traitor." Anna glared at her. Riley laughed and patted her shoulder. "Are they still in the room? Because I can go make sure the rooms were clean or something." Riley said.

"The little girl stayed here with the droid while the 3 kidnappers went out to find jobs." Anna told her. "Jobs? It's late as hell! Everyone is going to be closed. That poor girl is probably hungry!" Riley rambled.

"I'm going to see if she wants me to make her something to eat. Room 50, right?" She began walking backwards towards the lift. Anna nodded her head and Riley turned around getting into the lift.