Chapter sixteen

"You found him?"

The comm was silent, Riley couldn't take it. She had to know what was going on. She glanced up at Echo desperately, asking him a silent question. Echo looked at her sympathetically and spoke into his comm.

"Hunter? Hunter do you copy?"

Silence.

Just silence. Riley hated it, she needed to know what was happening. She had to know. Hunter, Omega, and Tech had found him and now Riley didn't even know what was going on.

She could feel her heart rate rising and she was beginning to panic. "Hunter answer the kriffing communicator!" She shouted into her comm, Echo, slightly taken aback by her volume, put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Riley, you need to calm down." He told her. Riley shrugged him off and gripped her hair in her hands. "No! W-what if something happened to him? What if something happened to Tech? O-Or Omega? What if Crosshair..."

Echo looked at Wrecker for help, knowing Wrecker would be able to calm her down better then him. Wrecker came over and untangled Riley's fingers from her hair and held them gently.

Riley avoided eye contact with him by starring at the ground. "Aw come on Mom. Hunter, Tech and 'Mega can take care of themselves." Wrecker said. Riley merely shook her head and shut her eyes, she knew if she didn't calm down this would turn into a panic attack.

"They're going to be fine Riley. We need to go to their location in case they need help, but right now you need to calm down." Echo told her sternly, but also kindly as not to upset her more. It seemed as though something in Riley snapped and she started to even out her breathing and slowed her heartbeat.

She intertwined her fingers with Wrecker's and looked up at him. "S-sorry..."She mumbled. Wrecker chuckled and squeezed her in a hug. "Don't worry 'bout it Mom!" He said. Riley hated that she nearly had an attack during the mission. She felt like a failure to her sons.

After Wrecker let go Riley lingered in the for moment before putting on a brave face and letting go. Echo put a hand on her shoulder to get her attention, clearly able to see the worry and panic on Riley's face.

"We need to help them, but are you alright?" He asked her. Riley nodded, "I'm fine...Let's go," she said. Echo looked at Wrecker for confirmation, knowing he'd know if Riley was being truthful or not. Wrecker glanced at Riley, then looked back at Echo and nodded.

[time skip brought to you by Crosshair being a toothprick]

It had taken 10 minutes to get from the crew quarters to the barracks, to Riley though, it felt like an hour. She had ran as fast as she could and even outran Wrecker a couple times.

Meanwhile Hunter and Tech had been fighting Crosshair's new team while trying to keep Omega out of harms way. They knew she could protect herself of course, but they couldn't risk their little sister getting hurt—especially by Crosshair.

"Tech you almost done with that?!" Hunter demanded, looking back towards Tech who was trying to hot wire the blast doors shut."Negative. I need more time!" Tech answered. "You have 2 minutes. Omega, go help Tech!"

Omega nodded and ran from her cover behind supply crates to Tech. Crosshair and his squad were approaching fast and every time Hunter would shoot one down another would appear.