Chapter eleven

"Mom?"

"Excuse me, what?" Riley questioned, staring at the men dumbfounded. The tattooed one sighed and looked down. "Told you Wrecker." He mumbled. Riley's eyes widened when she heard him.

"W-Wrecker..." she paused, looking at the one with goggles. "Tech..and Hunter." She said, looking at Hunter as she said his name. The boys perked up and Wrecker nodded his head.

"Boys?" Her voice was barely above a whisper but they heard it. She brought her hands to cover her mouth as she suppressed a gasp.

She ran into Wrecker and engulfed him in a hug. She reached behind him and pulled Hunter and Tech into the hug as well. They stayed like that for a few minutes, just reveling in each other's presence.

"You're all so big and muscle-y." She joked, poking Wrecker's sides. The boys chuckled and remembered how she would make them eat vegetables to get them "strong and healthy".

"Yeah well you didn't change a bit!" Wrecker laughed. "Well unlike you I don't have rapid aging." Riley commented. "I missed you four so m-"Riley suddenly pulled away and looked at the three. "Where's Crosshair?" She asked. "Mom, about that-"

"No. No. No no no. He's not dead, is he? He can't be dead!" She cut Hunter off, tears brimming in her eyes. "He is not dead—at least not yet. Crosshair has joined the empire." Tech told her.

"The empire? Why would he join the empire?" She asked. "He was under the influence of something called an inhibitor chip. They were placed in all clones. However even after he got his removed he still chose the empire." Hunter said.

"How do you know about them?" Riley asked. "Omega told us!" Wrecker exclaimed. Riley looked at him strangely. "Who the kriff is Omega?" She asked.

"Our....sister." Hunter said. "Sister? I'm sorry what the hell? Since when do you have a sister?" Riley questioned. "Technically since before we were created. However we only just found out about a month ago." Tech informed her."Really? How old is she?" Riley asked.

"I'm 12." A small voice said from behind Hunter. Hunter moved aside and a little girl with short blonde hair waved at Riley. "Hello, I'm Omega. You're Riley, right?" Omega said. Riley kneeled down to be eye level with her.

"Hello there Omega. Yes I am Riley—Tech, Hunter, Wrecker and Crosshair's mom." Riley said. "What were they like when they were cadets? I never really got to see them." Omega said.

Riley chuckled and leaned forward so she could whisper something into Omega's ear. "They were a bunch of di'kuts." Omega laughed at that comment and Riley turned around to stick her tongue out at the boys, knowing at least Hunter heard her.

Riley stood up and turned to the boys. "I'm adopting her." She stated. Hunter facepalmed and shook his head. "Mom, you can't just adopt every kid you see." He said.

"Yes I can. Now don't talk back to your mother." She scolded. Hunter rolled his eyes and mumbled something to himself. Riley looked at him for a second before hugging him tight.

"I missed our hugs." She said. Hunter sighed and rested chin on top of her head. "So did we, mom. So did we." Hunter told her. Riley let go and moved on to Tech.

"Still got those goggles I see." She said, tapping his nose. Tech scrunched his nose and readjusted his goggles. "Well yes, of course. If not I wouldn't be able to see you properly." He said.