12

Note: Medical information provided has not been clinically reviewed and is there solely for the plot, it is advised to think of it as just a fiction and nothing more. Happy reading.

AUTHOR'S POV

Xanthos hurried in as he reached his cottage, which gave off a nostalgic vibe but incorporated modern decor style as well.

Making his way inside through the black arched doorway, Xanthos saw his butler standing in one corner of the lounge; furnished with modern and vintage furniture for an eclectic look, and another familiar figure seated on the white sofa adorned with cushions covered in hand-woven covers, matching the vintage hand-woven rug.

Seeing Xanthos, the man seated on the sofa stood up, panic coursing through his veins faster than blood.

The man was a redhead, with messed up shaggy hair pulled back by a pair of goggles, his button-up shirt tucked into his slacks with cuffs rolled up, exposing his black socks. He had his suspenders on, which he kept pulling lightly, sometimes his thumb running up and down their length. His freckled face displayed nervousness, and the sweat forming in the palms of his hands wasn't helping either.

The butler standing in one corner parted his lips, trying to break the tension in the room. "You need not worry sir, things have been taken care of, for now." the butler bowed trying to relieve Xanthos, who had his eyes locked on the redhead.

"Mr. Gibbs, a glass of water please." Xanthos politely requested his butler, whilst maintaining eye-contact with the red-headed man.

Mr. Gibbs obliged and left the lounge area.

"Sit." Xanthos said taking off his waistcoat and walked to sit right infront of the white sofa, the other man had been asked to sit on.

"Explain." Xanthos commanded after the man had seated himself back on the sofa, with a gulp the red-haired man, mustered up all his courage to speak.

"I-It wasn't a complete fail this time." he slightly stuttered, making and breaking eye-contact with Xanthos.

"Tokyo, do you still recall the 3 commandments?" Xanthos questioned, as he tilted his head a little to the right.

"Yes!" Tokyo; the red-headed guy, answered in a heart beat with a proud expression displayed on his face.

"Would you be kind enough to repeat the last one for me?" Xanthos asked monotonously.

After a moment's silence Tokyo spoke, "No unauthorised experiments on living beings."

"And what did you do?" Xanthos questioned, making Tokyo look down at his hands, half of his fingers covered in sunnyplasts.

"Unauthorised experiment on a living being." Tokyo replied. "But it was a matter of life and death!" Tokyo explained making Xanthos raise an eyebrow.

"How so?" Xanthos asked and Tokyo's eyes started sparkling as if a kid's would, when asked about his favourite superhero.

"Well you see, I have been working on it for months, a medicine that can fight back oversedation. Oversedation can cause serious damage you know, so I have been trying to come up with something that would cancel out its effect quickly and bring the person, under it, back to consciousness. The whole procedure of increasing the amount of oxygen via oxygen face masks, because it starts depleting as a result of oversedation is just too much, what if you don't have the whole medical setup for it. There should be an alternative!" Tokyo explained as his hands kept accompanying his words, he was one of those poeple, whose hands moved more than their lips when talking about something, especially when explaining it.

"I came up with a medication, that when injected intravenously can cancel out sedation and bring back the person to consciousness, ofcourse it takes a few minutes but it does the trick. Now, that I've been successful in canceling out sedation, I need to work in making the medication strong enough to beat oversedation, without harming the one it's being given to." Tokyo said as he slowly zoned out after finishing explaining.

"Ava wasn't oversedated, she would have woken up just fine and within due time." Xanthos said, bringing back Tokyo's attention to the matter in hand, whilst straightening his back, as his hands hung between his legs.

"Correct! But you see, in science you can't just reach the desired end results in a snap. It's a stepwise process and takes up some serious elbow grease, and still you could end up with things entirely different than what you or others had perceived. Currently, I have made a medication that will cancel out sedation and from there I will slowly assemble one that will save people from oversedation. Ava, provided precious contribution to the existing body of scientific knowledge, her services will lead to the salvation of humanity as she was a participant in this noble cause." Tokyo boasted drifting off of the topic of concern.

"She was 'made' to serve this noble cause without her 'awareness' and 'permission'." Xanthos corrected and steadily Tokyo's excitement started to die down.

"Tokyo, nev- ahhh!" a shreik erupted from Xanthos' throat as a handful of his hair was taken and yanked from behind.

"Another thing, some side-effects may follow the medication, but I will work--- Oh my god! Oh my god! Mr. Gibbs! Mr. Gibbs! She's got him!" Tokyo yelled as he stood up from the sofa and sprung to stand behind it using it as a defensive shield.

Xanthos; now standing up, had his hand on his head trying his best to release himself from the death grip on his hair by Ava, who had quietly sneaked up behind Xanthos and now was yanking his hair with a grin plastered across her face.

Mr. Gibbs came rushing to the lounge accompanied by a maid, and was stunned to see what was going on right before his eyes.

Ava had gripped Xanthos by his hair, and was spinning around making Xanthos spin with her.

Author's Note
Hellooo! A new chapter and introducing a new character, my dear scientist; TOKYO! 👏👏👏👏
Vote and comment if you liked it and have the time to.
👇👇👇
PS: I think people who are born with red/ginger shaded hair are simply unique and beautiful and that's why I made the most creative and well different to what I usually write, character a naturally born redhead,
Thankyou.