18

● AUTHOR'S POV

It had been a couple of days since Ava and Xanthos' little playground tattle, which had turned into something far more significant for Xanthos.

It was the fifth day; and Xanthos was consistently seen at his club, which wasn't something ordinary.

Xanthos was a busy man, and would visit his club's branches just a few times in a month, as it wasn't convenient for him, to pay much more often of visits to his entire club chain.

But, nowadays he had been routinely visiting the club branch; here at Samwill, not to mention the fact, that it was the very branch Ava was currently employed at.

"It's happened roughly after 3 years, that your office here at the club has been opened for the fifth day in a row." Ilaria stated as she sat across Xanthos, in his office.

She was going through some papers in her black file, and cross-checking them with Xanthos, as she had him at her disposal; which was a convenience she wasn't going to let get wasted.

"You've brought all your paperwork with you, and you've even unlocked the Red Hall, for emergency meetings." Ilaria pointed out as she eyed Xanthos, whose own eyes were constantly scanning the inked pages in his hands.

"The first clothing launch for my fashion line, under Frida, is in progress. She lives close by, it's convenient for both of us, and I get to verify all the concerned documents for this club on the spot. Thus, saving valuable hours off of your time." Xanthos explained, raising his eyes at Ilaria momentarily, and then shifting them back to the work at hand.

Ilaria responded with a little nod, but her eyes reflected that she wasn't buying his reasonings.

She felt there was more to the story, but, being the person who despised involving oneself in other's businesses, as long as not being directly impacted by them, she left it at that, and getting a few more documents verified by him, Ilaria left Xanthos' office, excusing herself.

---

"Brother!" a voice came snapping Xanthos' attention towards it, and he saw his sister walk into his office.

Her cream-toned heels clicked as she walked closer to Xanthos, and shifting her chestnut-brown handbag from her hand to his table, she took off her off-white rimmed shades.

Xanthos noticed, both; her engagement ring, along with his gifted winding willow diamond ring, were resting on her ring finger, together.

"How have you been?" Kiara asked, hugging Xanthos; who returned his sister's affectionate gesture.

"I've been perfectly fine. How have you and Theo been? Wedding preparations running smoothly for you two?" Xanthos queried, as now both sat down, facing each other.

"We've been great as well, and the preparations are a little hectic, but nothing I can't handle. Plus, you're a big help too! I'd never be able to do it all alone." Kiara answered and fished out her phone from her purse, she hated carrying it in her hand, so she always had someonelse carrying it for her, which normally would be her fiancé Theodore; as she didn't trust anybody else with it, or she'd put it in her purse.

"You're my sister, don't make it sound like a favour, it's what I'm supposed to do. Can't believe you keep making me say all these tacky things." Xanthos tsked as he wrapped up his paperwork with a few quick glances, and pushed it aside, focusing all his attention on his sister.

"What can I say, I'm desperate for your tacky endearment, dear brother." Kiara teased, earning a faint eyeroll in response.

"Anyway, I sent you my potential wedding card options just now. When you're free, go through them and choose one or two good ones. I want your opinion too. Later, I'll go check them, and some others out in person. Hopefully, I can find something that suits my taste, it's as if I've become even more picky as of late, can't seem to make up my mind for most of the things." Kiara complained and her voice turned haggerd, as if all of a sudden, tiredness had infiltrated her senses.