Self-Control

Grace

I thought yesterday's tension was bad between us. I've seen her strip in front of me jumping into a lake yeah but seeing that she freshly got out of the shower was a difference. A tall narrow posture, her long wet matted black hair water dripping down her shoulders and along her toned abs. "Uh, Grace, what are you doing here?" she said, a bit stunned. “I-I came by to wait on you, so we can go to school together, your mom let me in".She sighed before speaking again "oh,come in then" stepping aside letting me into her room. Sitting on her bed I realized there were quite big athletic and gaming posters over her desktop. "You could've texted me that you were coming over, you know" she said, bringing me out of my thoughts."Oh, I was but...sorry" I said flustered. I can feel her calm and cold hazel eyes staring at me as I bowed my head in embarrassment. 

“No, it's fine just text me beforehand next time.” she said, chuckling at my response. "Yeah..." I replied turning the other way. As she was getting dressed I noticed a little scar in the middle of her back. “How did you get that", "get what..."she turned with a confused look. "Your back" pointing out I replied. "Oh, that's my birthmark looks weird doesn't it". She threw her shirt over her shoulders bringing it down to her waist. "Alright let's get going".

Raven

Grace and I arrived on campus , and damn I dread it here, I know I said I would rather be at school than home but I was lying obviously. As we went inside going our separate ways, walking down the hall I noticed a few eyes staring me down. 'Now is not the day for this shit' opening the pack link I questioned Autumn where she was. "Hey, A. where you at". "By your locker, come asap". Closing the link I hurried to my locker , I was kinda expecting something bad but only got Autumn grinning from ear to ear. 

"You had me thinking something was wrong, I should smack you" I grumbled opening my locker. "Nope just wondering what's up with you and the transfer" she cued, raising her eyebrows. "Nothing is going on. What? I can't hang out with others." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. " If that's the case then let's hang out after school. All of us." Closing my locker I gave a questioning look."You heard me, after school today at your place". "And why my house?" raising an eyebrow I argued. " Because your living room is bigger." I sighed and agreed mom and dad aren't going to be home because of a business trip anyway.

---

The day went by like no other until last period P.E. as I hoped Grace's class was right next to ours. I didn't get to see her cause I had to catch up on notes I've missed exhausting. Coach wasn't happy about my suspension so I got punished for it. "Ms. Black you've two miles to run" . " Yes coach" I said walking outside to the track.

"Hey Raven!" I see Grace running up to me. "Grace, hey whats up" I said stretching for my eight lap run. "Can I join you? We aren't doing anything in class anyway." shyly said looking away. "Sure hope you can keep up though" I chuckled. "I can," she said back.

" Are you going to tag along for the whole 2 miles I have?". " 8 laps isn't that bad" amused by her attitude. I snickered " famous last words" before she could reply. I started to jog. After my fourth lap I started to pick up some momentum but not wanting to leave her behind I didn't do much, to my surprise she started to move faster along with me. "Is that a challenge Gracie" raising my eyebrows I huffed . "Only if you want it to be Rav" she said, giving me a sly smirk. "You're on Jackson".

I didn't expect her to be faster than me. But I can't use my wolf abilities damn this girl is fast. 'Maybe if I just use a little' I thought but my wolf quickly denied it. ' You're going to draw attention to yourself ,no.' ,' just a little Willow' I pleaded but was met with the same response after all I'm just gonna swallow my pride and let her beat me. A while later we finished, I sat on the track to catch my breath."Want some water" she asked, handing me a bottle. "Thanks, but you don't have to". "No, here I insist, you need it." I accepted the offer and soon after the bell rang signaling it's time to go home 'finally'.