Championship Showdown

Grace

I woke up to hear someone crying. I felt around and I realized Raven wasn't next to me. In my blurry vision I could make out that the bathroom light was on. I pulled myself out of bed and walked closer. The sobs grew louder. I knocked on the closed door, "Baby, you in there?" I got no reply. I checked the door knob but it was locked. I sighed resting both my hand and head against it. "Raven, I know you're in there. Please we can talk about this.”

Her whimpers grew to silence overtime as I urged her to open the door for me. Something dropped in there and I moved so she could open it. Her tear stained face and dampened body gazed down on me. Wrapping my arms around her neck I pulled her into a hug. "It'll be okay darling. You can move past this." I whispered in a comforting manner."I don't know if I can. We were just fixing everything...and this shit happens. My dad's dead, my mother's a mess. Emma...she's left, and now I have to be strong for all three of us but I don't know if I can." she trembled with her voice breaking. Warm tears I felt on my neck as she cried some more, her grip held me tightly and I held her too. My palms on her bare back rubbing circles while she cried even more.

I'm her mate, her partner and I don't even know what to do other than telling her things would be alright. She's going to bounce back from this mess even stronger than she was before. I let go from this embrace, grabbing her hand and guiding her back to bed. I laid down with her head on my chest, her body was still shaking from it all. It took some time but eventually she fell asleep and so did I.

That was two weeks ago. Today is the last day for the tournament between our school and some others. Raven sat closely beside me on the bleachers, waiting for everything to start.

Emma

"Everything's going to be fine, you don't have to worry too much about it". " Yeah, says you. You're not on a team where the star player's gone and now everyone on the team is depending on you to carry it." Autumn ranted, she was overthinking things pacing back and forth in the hallway. Jordon and I were trying to get to her to calm down for the longest. The final game starts in 20 minutes and she hasn't changed into her gear yet.

"Look Autumn just focus on having fun. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. And don't think that burdens on you its a team effort, alright." Jordon held her by the shoulders firmly stating that to her. "You have support from the stands don't forget that. Understood?" he continued. "Understood" she repeated and made her way to the changing rooms.

"Nice pep talk."

"Yeah if that didn't work I would have smacked her across the head" he chuckled. I shook my head with a smile. "Let's get going, Raven and Grace are waiting for us. Mom, Riley and her parents will be here shortly."

Grace

"Your really certain about this, I mean-"

"Yes it's fine, they don't need me to win anyway." She smiled and her mood has lightened up since the past few days she was slowly getting her spark back. Slowly but surely. " Well you're right, I heard you guys demolished the other schools so this should be a good one." I replied she nodded. " Imma head to the restroom real quick."

"Don't take to long their getting ready to start" I smiled, Emma and Jordon had passed her at the entrance and sat behind me. "What was taking you guys so long" I questioned curiously. "Had to talk Autumn out of a nuclear meltdown" Jordon replied with a sigh. "But she's fine now not going down without a fight.” The teams came out to the court and my smile dropped when I saw her, what the fuck is she doing here? I held both of my hands over my mouth releasing a deep sigh. A hand on my shoulder, turning Emma looked at me with concern. "You alright?"

"Yeah...I'm fine, I...I'm going to the restroom" I excused myself before I walked out and looked at the court again . Those eyes were fixated on me. With a sly smirk she winked at me. I cringed and pushed through the doors, where the hell is Raven. I checked the bathroom and she wasn't in the locker rooms. "Come on girl, where the hell are you?" I muttered. I continued walking down the halls looking for her, a loud thud echoed. I followed the sound and found her and.....Luke.