Chapter 35 - Unexpected (Edited)

DANIEL

"What?" I asked Bryan confused as he took another sip from his wine while sitting on the island chairs at the far corner of the hall.

"I don't know too, I haven't even seen her around at all but her dad was very keen on saying that he saw you two together" Bryan said shrugging.

I pinched the bridge of my nose trying to think about how this night has gone not-so-as-expected.

"Something is not right" I said as I remembered that she had suddenly disappeared while she was following me.
I've been too clouded with my own thoughts lately I didn't make anything out of it.
I feel like a horrible person right now, even tho it's my ex we're talking about who had just disappeared without trace. 

I don't know why I feel concerned that this happened, I mean it's not like she's been missing for long, maybe she just left without telling anyone and wanted to be alone but then again if something did happen I'd be the one to be questioned and her dad is a live witness who last saw her with me - following me.

"What do you mean?" Bryan asked as some form of concern and seriousness came over him and he dropped his now empty glass on the island before standing up and examining me from head to toe.

"She was following me alright but she was trying to apologize as always so I tried getting away from her but then I took a turn and... suddenly she was gone" I said beginning to feel more worried for some reason.

"Wait you're serious?" Blake asked as he noticed I was serious.

"I need to look for her" I said.

"She could be anywhere and maybe she left or something" Blake said.

"I know... but... I don't know I feel like something isn't right, me and my friends and I will spread out and look for her also text me if you see her around" I say to Bryan and gave a warm smile and a quick nod of acknowledgment to his friends who sat around the island before turning around and started walking towards the table where Marc and his friends sat.

But my walk was halted.

"Ah yes, just who I was looking for, Daniel" Natalie's Dad stepped in front of me unexpectedly that I almost crashed into him.

"Oh, yes, sir, Good Evening- I- hope you're enjoying the exhibitions" I said fumbling with my words.

I'm not gonna lie... Natalie's dad can be very intimidating.
The way he looks at me like I am the very pain of his existence not to mention he's very fit with bulging muscles and young looking for his age. He could literally breaks my ribs in a bone crushing hug.

"It's going well. I saw you and Natalie together and I haven't seen her all evening, where is she?" He asked boring holes into my head.

"- - - We- I- yes- no- yes- she is cleaning a stain from her gown in the bathroom" I said stuttering yet once again.

When Natalie and I were dating he always looked at me like he never liked me - I like to think it's because of some business rivalry between my dad and him.

"Lead me to her, she needs to make an interview" he said.

Shit.