Chapter 54 - Bonding With The Enemy (Edited)

There's a change of POV in this chapter

and it may contain slight gun violence

DANIEL

"Bryan wait!" I called out to him as he suddenly leaves the room but I follow after him immediately and I didn't miss the look the others gave us either.

"Go back, Daniel" he says and continued walking.

"What the fuck was that for?" I asked with a mix of anger and worry in my voice, "Why did you suddenly leave?" I pressed further causing him to stop and turn around.

"Daniel, I-" he started but I cut him off.

"I know what you're gonna say, 'you're not old enough to know these things' or 'it's something I'll take care of' but the fucking truth is I'm old enough and you can't just handle this on your own when my friend who happens to be also someone I like is in danger,"

"You always see me as a your little brother, your little brother has grown up now, he's not little anymore. I know you're trying not to see that, in order to keep me safe but you need to understand, I'm not little anymore" I said in a low voice as much as possible as I tried to hold back tears.

Bryan's face changes emotions more times than I had thought possible before settling for one. Sad.

"I'm sorry" he says softly and pulls me in for a one sided hug.

"It's just that, I'm used to doing things on my own, y'know?... I know how much Marc means to you and the little kid's also beginning to rub off on me as well,"

When he refers to Marc as 'little kid' I don't know why but I smile at that knowing fully well Bryan isn't much older than us anyways.

"While we're doing all this, I don't want anyone to be hurt or get into more troubles... it feels like y'all are my kids and it's now my responsibility to take care of you guys" He says with a playful smile and I shove him slightly.

"Stop being over dramatic"

"I'm not, Who's the Adult here anyways?, I am" He says with a smirk.

Old Bryan is back.

"Whatever," I reply and give him the middle finger to which he laughs at.

"But where are you going?, you were in such a hurry" I asked.

He took a deep breath before finally responding and I wasn't expecting what he says next.

"I was going to meet Dad at the office, I'm telling him"

"What?," I asked looking at him like he had gone insane.

"At first you said we shouldn't involve dad in this now we're getting him involved? Why?"

"What those guys need is a very big project Dad and Mr. Peterson are working on but it's just in its planning phase and only Dad has access to the files and even the ownership of the whole thing" Bryan explains.

"What exactly is Omega?" I asked as I was beginning to piece things together.

He looks at me intently and I stare back. Now if this we're to be a movie there would be suspense music playing in the background with 6 camera transitions which would keep viewers on the edge of their seats right now.