Chapter 45 - "I'll Make Him Pay..." (Edited)

WARNING ⚠️
This Chapter Contains (a) Brief Scene(s) Of Homophobic Behavior/Language.

MARC

"Is something wrong?" Daniel asks genuinely concerned.

I had suddenly pulled away from the kiss and felt weird for some reason as if... as if...

"Did you hear something?" I asked looking around.

"Uh...no? I'm not sure. Why?" Daniel asks as he also looks around.

"It felt like someone else was here" I admit.

"Well... no one else is here now, everyone is inside. Don't fret too much" He said ruffling my hair but I duck away but it was already too late.

"Oh Come On! I spent minutes on that" I fumed as I helplessly tried to fix my hair without a mirror while Daniel laughed.

"I probably look horrible now" I said grumpily.

"It only makes you look like you came out of bed" Daniel said with a smile and some glint in his eyes.

"How is that any better" I say when I felt like I looked good enough after putting my hair back in place, hopefully.

"I meant my bed" He said with that boyish smirk.

I instantly became red as a tomato.

"You look so cute right now" He said laughing more.

"Shut up" I said smiling out of embarrassment and hitting him.

I stormed off with him trailing behind me and laughing.

*

I looked around the handful of guests scattered around the living room holding a glass of wine while discussing and not minding the world around them.

Everyone in this place right now dressed so elegantly you could almost literally see the costly dollar signs on on each outfit.

This is the first family gathering where everyone seemed to be well off already like wealth was in their bloodline already.

I somewhat felt out of place as I walked further into the house because a few of the guests had already started throwing glances my way.

"Is something wrong?" Daniel's voice brings me back to the present time.

I only shake my head in response.

"You seem out of it, It's okay if you wanna leave though. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable" he says genuinely concerned.

"No, It's okay, I'm fine" I said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay" he replies but his tone was that of unbelief.

"Really, I am. Don't worry about me" I said reassuringly.

"Fine, but if anything goes wrong tell me immediately and we'll get out of here"  He said taking my hands in his for a brief moment and then his eyes widen a bit before letting go of my hands just as someone approached us.