What Does This Mean?

Hunter's POV

WHY DID I JUST DO THAT! Edric must think I'm a weirdo now, but I mean he did say it was ok, but then he looked weirded out after I did it, or mabey he liked it? I don't know, all I know is that I ran before he could say anything. I was worried about what he would say especially with how he looked.

I was sitting in the living room curled up in a ball on the couch when I heard someone say my name, I could instantly recognize the voice as Edric's but I just stayed there frozen, I didn't know what to do. "Hunter? Are you ok?" I looked over at him and said "Oh, hey, sorry about that I uh I'm sorry if you hate me because I kissed you." He looked confused, "Why would I hate you? I said that it was ok, I mean it was a dare after all, right?:" He laughed a bit and then took a seat next to me, "If I'm being honest, I kinda liked it." I looked over at him and his cheeks were red, it was cute.

"Y-you did?" He smiled and took my hand in his, I felt like this was a dream and that at any moment I would wake up and be disappointed, but then I realized that it wasn't a dream and Edric was holding my hand, then he placed his other hand gently on my cheek, and then it happened, he kissed me, it was like a million fireworks going off at once and it felt like we were the only ones in the room, which I guess in that moment we were.

Edric and I pulled apart and I couldn't help but smile, he kissed me and this time it wasn't because of a dare. Does this mean he likes me also? I looked at him and I could see cheeks were still red and he was also smiling from ear to ear. "Edric, I-i have to tell you something." He laughed a bit and said "Is it that you like me? Because if so, I feel the same, and I have since I met you that day in the woods."  I cant believe it, he actually liked me this whole time, "You mean it?" He gave me another kiss, this time on the cheek. "Yes, I mean it, I was just scared at first at how people would react, especially considering how my mom reacted when she saw the picture of us hugging." Edric's expression changed and he looked scared.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I looked at him worriedly, "W-what if she finds out? Maybe this was a bad idea, I-I'm sorry, I have to go." And with that Edric got up and ran out the door. I tried running after him but someone had grabbed onto my hand and pulled me back, "W-what?' I was turned around and was facing Emira, "Let him go, you don't know how our mother is. She's ruthless sometimes, and he's scared that if she finds out, that she will do something to either him or you."

"Emira, I cant just let him-" "No, no I'm not saying that you cant be with him, I'm just saying that you need to let him figure out how he's feeling right now and also not get caught by our mom. Which I can obviously help you both with." I looked up at her and smiled "Really? Are you sure?" She smiled "Yes, anything to see Ed happy." I hugged her and said "Thank you, for everything." After we pulled away from the hug, I went back to Luz's room while Emira said she was going to find Edric to make sure he was ok. I really hope Edric still wants to be with me.

Authors Note: Hi, thank you so much for reading this story, it really means a lot to me. Also thank you for over 600 reads, that's crazy thank you. I hope you enjoy this chapter.