42| maybe every love story does end bad

I hugged both of my grandparents

I hugged both of my grandparents. I could hear the small sniffles that were coming for my grandma.

I didn't want to leave, but fall break was up.  Both August and I needed to be back to the college before Monday.

And Today is Sunday, so I'm going to be driving all day.

My grandpa's arms tighten around me before he lets me go. "You come and visit more often, Lo." He spoke as he held on to my shoulders.

I swear I could see tears forming in his eyes. I wanted to cry, but I pushed down my emotions.

I hated crying in front of people; it made me feel weak and pathetic.

I hate the way people look at me when I cry; how their eyes fill with pity and all they say is, Are you ok?

Or I'm sorry, as if that will do anything. It only makes it worse.

"I will, I promise." My voice cracks, and tears cloud my vision.

Quickly looking down so no one could see my tears. I watch as my tears hit the concrete. I wipe my cheeks before looking back up at my grandparents.

"How about Christmas? I'll come down and spend Christmas with you guys." I rushed out.

Hearing my grandma laugh through her tears "Whenever you want to come, dear." I smile before hugging her again.

I hate having to leave them. But I know I can come and visit whenever I want.

This place is my home; it's where I grew up and it's where I felt safe. I turn to find August and my grandpa talking.

My grandpa's hand was placed on August's shoulders. By the way they looked, they seemed to be having an important conversation.

I watched as August nodded at what my grandfather was saying. When I take a step forward, I feel a hand grab my wrist.

Turning back to look at my grandma, I narrow my eyes at her, but she just shakes her head with a smile.

"What are they talking about?" I asked her. I'm nosy, and I want to know what they're talking about. Ever since I was little, I have been nosey.

I hate not knowing things. It will cause me to think about it all day until I forget about it.

"He's probably just doing the father's speech. The 'You'd better not break her heart.' speech."I laugh at her words.

"I don't think August is capable of breaking my heart, let alone anyone's." That boy doesn't have a bad bone in him.

August apologizes for little things like taking some of my food or when he rambles about something he likes.

"Its impossible." I say, and my grandma agrees.

My grandpa pats August's shoulder before walking back over to us while August gets into the car.