48| cherries

I stare down at her in disbelief at the words that previously left her full lips

I stare down at her in disbelief at the words that previously left her full lips. My heart is still feeling the effects of it skipping a beat.

It takes everything inside of me to not let her see how she affects me, but sometimes it just slips.

Even if it was just for a split second, she saw it, causing her eyes to soften and a smile to appear on her full lips.

God, why am I even here?

What was I even thinking?

"Come on, it's almost time." She says and laces her finger through mine. My skin burns at the contact.

My heart beat increases and ever slowly begins to fade, just like it used to. I hate that I love this familiar feeling.

It was like the world is disappearing, and it was just me and London. I hate her for what she did. For breaking my heart with no explanation. Yet my heart doesn't seem to get the hint.

When I pull my hand from her grasp, she looks back at me with a look of hurt before quickly masking it with a tight-lipped smile.

My heart clenches, knowing that I hurt her feelings, but then I have to remind myself that she did way worse.

I watch as she pulls out her car keys, pressing the button to unlock her black Hellcat. pulling open the passenger door and getting in.

Her intoxicating smell fills my nose. The familiar scent of cherries and vanilla. "You really don't have to ride with me if you don't want to." She said once she got into the car.

"No, I want to." I stammered, looking down at my hands and playing with the rings on my fingers.

My nerves slowly creeped up my spine. Due to being around her and in the same car that is about to go over 100 miles per hour,

Don't get me wrong, racing is funny, but watching it is better. I'm afraid that she will crash or something.

The engine starts with a loud roar, sending vibrations through my body as she revs the engine, giving the crowd what they want.

Their cheers are drowned out by the loud engine. I look over to the car next to us. I wasn't sure what car it was, but I really didn't care all that much.

The only thing I cared about was the way the guy next to us was looking at London.

I don't know why I felt the urge to lean forward, so I was blocking London out of his line of sight. When he noticed me, his eyes widened slightly before he turned to look straight ahead.

"I need to tell you something." I hear from beside me. Leaning back in my seat and meeting her gaze. I swallowed the lump in my throat, afraid of what she wanted to tell me. Her light brown eyes searched my face.

I could just tell she was nervous by the way her voice softened and how she looked around. I watch as she pushes her long black hair out of her face, my eyes catching sight of a small tattoo behind her ear.