35| work

"She's stupid

"She's stupid." I say as I write about some ideas for the project. I write as I brainstorm ideas as August reads out loud.

The professor had given the class more time. He gave us a whole extra semester. I mean, we do have to write a whole ass book or write letters. On a love story.

Mr. Q had also said that if we chose to write a book, it didn't have to be perfect due to the fact that we don't have any professional editors to read through and edit the things that aren't spelled correctly.

I guess Mr. Q didn't think through this work project thoroughly. But if I'm being honest, I kind of like it.

Getting to listen to August read the book and speak about the way he is feeling about what is going on in the book is quite lovely.

The way he describes his emotions and the way he defends the characters is adorable. He loves to seek the good in people. Me on the other hand. I don't.

Half of the shit the characters do to each other would have made me leave. But that's just me. If I'm honest, I think I relate to most of the characters that hurt the main character.

I think it is because I don't see the good in myself.

But hey, at least I am aware of it.

"No, she's not stupid. It's miscommunication. They don't want to hear each other out. They chose to push each other away instead of talking it out." August explains as he places the book down to look at me.

"It's what happened to me and you." He continues. I send him a slight glare. "What? Do you not want to admit that we have flaws?" I can hear the slight teasing in his tone.

No, I know I have flaws, but you never you. I wanted to say. I know that everyone has flaws, but I can't see any when it comes to him.

To me, he's perfect.

A smirk makes its way onto my lips. "Are you saying I have flaws, August?" I watch as blush coats his freckled cheeks.

"N-no. That's not what I meant. I mean, people have flaws; it's human nature. Nobody's perfect." He stammered and his cheeks became even more red.

I leaned forward, pressing a kiss onto his heated cheeks, which stopped his rambling. "Calm down, pretty boy. I'm only fucking with you." I laughed at his expression.

His eyes widened with realization, and a slight smile took over his full pink lips.

August quickly picked up the book that he was just reading. "L-let's get back to work." He spoke softly as he nodded his head before he began reading again.

I laughed lightly and listened as he read the words.

I groaned when my stomach growled. We have been sitting here in this library for what felt like hours.

"Are you hungry, Trouble?" August asked as he looked up from the book that was in his hand.

"Yes, I feel like I haven't eaten anything in years." OK, shook his head with a chuckle, causing his fluffy hair to move in front of his eyes.

"Want to go get lunch?" He asked, but it sounded more like he was telling me that we were going to go get something to eat.

Before I could even give him any answer he was already putting his thing away and pulling me out of my chair.

"Ok, ok." I say with a laugh as he pulls us out of the library. It's like he's afraid that if I don't get food into my stomach this second, I will disintegrate.

Picking up my pace so I was matching his long struts. "Slow down August it's not like I'm going to die if I don't eat." I laughed.

"Well, you're hungry. And yes, technically, if you don't eat, you will die." He didn't look back, but he slowed his pace just a bit. I roll my eyes at him, but I don't say anything.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked him when we made our way outside and not to the dining hall like I thought.

"I'm getting you food. You said you were hungry, so I'm getting you food." August says as he pulls out a set of car keys from his pocket.

I stare at him in awe and my stomach swarms with butterflies.

Sometimes I can't believe that someone can make me feel this way: happy, utterly happy. As if I was dancing in the clouds, like I am a princess in a room full of normal people.

When he looked at me, it was as though I was the only person he saw.

***

"What are we doing?" His hand tightens on mine and he looks over his shoulder at me. A smile plays on his lips.

"Getting things for a picnic." He said, letting go of my hand so he could grab a pack of strawberries. I push the cart, following him down the aisles.

"And what will we be getting for this so-called picnic?" I asked. August looked at me with a weird expression before saying. "Well, I didn't think of that."

I burst into a small pit of laughter, causing August to join. I quickly sobered up. "We could get already made sandwiches." He looked at me for any answer, and I gave him a short nod.

Walking up to the cashier and putting our things on the belt. As I'm going to grab my wallet to hand the cashier the money. August quickly gives the cashier money.

"I was going to pay for it." I slightly snapped at him. August just laughs and shakes his head. "No. You paid for the last date, now it's my turn." He explains as we place the bags back into the cart before leaving the store.

"So we're never going to tell or ask each other on dates." August looked like he was in deep thought before he answered.

"Probably not." He said as we reached his car.

Sorry not the best chapter and it was really short

How is everyone's day?

I think I'm going to start post once or twice a week. I think it's just easier on me and I think it will maybe help me get out of writes block.

Sneak peek of Just a Dream