Chapter 3: Finally, Genin Exams!

A/N
I found the picture above on Pinterest and it's so cute!!

I had just reported my week- long mission to the Hokage and as I make my way back home, I was finally able to get some rest so I plopped on my soft mattress, falling asleep almost instantly from the exhaustion.

Iruka's POV

'I hope Naruto's fine, he didn't come to the academy in four days.' I sighed, he worries me too much. 'The genin exams are coming up soon too.' Sometimes, he comes in looking tired and sleeps in class, I need to ask him how much sleep he's getting...

I continued thinking until the first student arrived in the classroom. More and more started entering  which ment it became louder, giving me a headache. While students began filming in, I heard the bell ring, signalling to me that I had to start class.

'I guess Naruto not coming-' before I could continue my thought, the door slammed open, revealing a panting Naruto.

"I'm not late, am I?" The Uzumaki asked using his famous cheeky smile.

"No, just in time." I said, smiling at the boy.

I don't know why, but whenever I see his wide toothy smile, it brightens my day. Like a candle being lit in a dark room.

My favourite student- I mean, my student, sat in the last seat available.

Today, I was reviewing as much as possible since the exams will take place in a week-or-so.

"Naruto, what's the name of fourth Hokage?"

"What? Uhh..." his raspy voice was clearly confused said.

Naruto's POV

"What? Uhh..." I pretended to struggle, just like the four fucking years. I'm so glad I can drop the act in a week, I was getting annoyed from 'Sakura-chan' punching me in the head. Why did I choose Sakura as my crush again?

The answer was obviously Namikaze Minato, i mean— how could I not know my own dad's name? And yes, I know who my dad is, fourth Hokage, the yellow flash, he was feared for many things.

When I know my dads name, I would eventually find my moms name. Uzumaki Kushina. Her being the only Uzumaki in the village at the time and being the Hokage's wife made it easy to connect the pieces.

Before getting distracted with my thoughts, I'll kindly continue.

"I don't know." I sheepishly said rubbing my hand on the back of my neck.

"Okay, Sakura, do you know?" Iruka-sensei asked.

"It's Namikaze Minato, Naruto-baka. How could you be so stupid? At this rate, it'll be impossible to achieve your stupid dream. Not like it was possible anyway." She said, mumbling the last sentence.

I mentally rolled my eyes and Kurama growled, we both know how much potential she has but because of her fangirl issues, it would be wasted if she doesn't stop fawning over Uchiha brat.

...

3rd POV

A week has passed and it was finally time for the genin exams.

Nervous academy students filled the classroom, some more nervous than others. However, one particular student was over the moon.

It was shortest kid in the class, shortest because the lack of food the villagers would actually give him. That's right, it was Uzumaki Naruto. The hyperactive 'soon-to-be' ninja!