Chapter 10: Shikamaru's Suspicions

Shikamaru's POV

"Your next mission is to clean the lake near the outskirts of Konoha." The old Hokage said.

I sighed while Asuma-sensei took the mission scroll.

"What a drag." I said lazily.

"Everything's a drag to you, Shikamaru." My best friend, Choji stated.

We walked out of the Hokage's office and walked passed team seven.

We came back from our camping trip three weeks ago and this is the first time I'm seeing them since then.

"Hi!" Sakura greets.

"Hi," me and my team greets back.

"Where's Naruto?" I asked after saying 'Hi' to them.

The two turned to their sensei, Kakashi, who turned to them, almost as if they were trying to find someone with a believable excuse.

A few seconds of silence later, Kakashi-sensei says, "He's not feeling well so he's taking the day off."

I nodded but my suspicion grew. If you didn't know, my suspicion was that Naruto was much stronger than he looks.

Yes, I'm thinking he had more secrets. I know the bonding trip revealed a lot of surprising secrets about him, but I can't help but think he has more.

'I've done too much thinking today,' I thought while sighing out loud.

Ever since we came back, we've been receiving a ton of missions. Probably twice as much as we used to get.

3rd POV

'I miss Naruto...' Duck-ass thought while leaving with Kakashi-sensei and Sakura to catch the fucking demon cat.

He was told by Kakashi that Naruto had to do some important Anbu duties for the Chunin Exams.

...

The blond Anbu moved the last box to another spare room. He and others finally finished cleaning room 301.

"Good job everyone!" Ibiki says while grabbing his things.

Since they've finished with the written portion of the exam, everyone was going to take a one day break.

They only have three weeks to set up the whole exam so they didn't get much free time.

They decided a one day break after they finish one part of the exam was good enough, which it was because of the limited time they get.

Naruto's POV

'I'm so tired,' I thought while jumping on my bed. It was a long week and it'll only get harder because of the Forest of Death, or, training ground forty-four.

I would've explained what we had to do to make it possible for all the Genins to survive but a knock was heard on my door.

I got up and peeked through the door before opening it fully, just in case it was a villager, but then again, why would they knock?