Chapter 11: Beasts in the Forest

"Let's go." I said in a monotone voice.

3rd POV

They wandered through the forest. Anko being the GPS because of the Forest of Death being her second home.

"Some can be found near the east side of the fourth gate." She said.

"Okay, let's go there."

We jumped through the thick and tall trees to get to our destination.

On the way, roars could be heard throughout the training ground. Loud footsteps and claws clinging to trees were also a regular noise that was heard.

Dead plants and claw marks was found soon after they arrived.

They decided to search the perimeter for a while before leaving to another spot. They only have a week to baby-proof the gigantic forest, which wasn't much time at all!

A few minutes of searching later, a loud slithering noise was heard by all five people in the area.

They rushed to the place where they spit up and saw a centipede crawling on a tree. It wasn't just any tiny centipede though, it was a giant one!

All of them immediately took their weapons out. The Anbu's pulled out their katana's on their back and the other two took out a few kunais.

In a second, they all ran towards the giant centipede, slashing it with their sharp weapons.

They cut through his long body and blood poured everywhere in the area.

At the end, they killed the centipede and were left with some blood on themselves while panting to get air back in their lungs.

"Since we killed one in this area, let's move to the next." Kitsune said.

...

The rest of the week was full of killing animals so there was nothing worth mentioning about.

Although, they did had some difficulties every so often but other than that, the week went quite smoothly.

Now, instead of talking about a forest with unusually large creatures lurking in it, let's talk about our favourite purple haired sadist.

Anko's POV

It was my one day break and just as I thought I could relax after this tiring week, guess what? I couldn't!

A little bird was tapping on my window and I knew I was being called.

I groaned as I thought of every possible way to torture the old Hokage without loosing my rank.

I flashed in front of the Hokage's office door, knocking it to let him know I was there.

He allowed me to come in and said, "I have a mission for you, Anko."

I replied by nodding for him to continue. He got my answer and said, "Your mission is to spy on Orochimaru. Jiraiya already has his location so focus on getting information and leaving without a trace."

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

I walked out of the building, feeling a little anxious about spying on my past sensei.

I left the Hokage's tower and jumped on roofs to get to my destination.

When I arrived at the village gate's, I took off, not wanting to waste my limited time.