Chapter 49: 12 hours

—-------------Jason's POV: -----------------

12 hours.

It's been twelve hours with little to no news since Percy was checked in at the hospital. The most we'd gotten was that she'd been rushed into the hospital and after a resuscitation she'd had a surgery started.

Other than that, it's been radio silence.

I clenched my jaw at the thought of the men again, and I wouldn't want to admit what I did to a few of them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I found a news report with a couple of them labeled as dead. In fact, everyone was a bit more brutal this time. I would've been proud if not for the situation.

I looked over to see Tim and Damien leaning on each other, Tim asleep and Damien trained on a book Alfred had brought along. Duke and Stephanie were sitting beside each other, talking quietly though I couldn't discern what. Cass and Dick just sat next to each other, both holding each other's hand as if it was the only thing linking them to reality. And Bruce. God, the old man looked rough. Damien only briefly explained what happened, apparently ol' Brucie boy was in love. Never thought I'd see the day.

...

But if it was anyone, I'm glad it's Percy.

....

I hope it's still going to be Percy.

I shook my head, turning towards the door from which the doctors had come from. I was too early and yet there were many people in the waiting room, some of which looked like they came from the party as well.

Damien glanced over at me, his gaze a mixture of misery and sleepiness. I pursed my lips, giving him as sympathetic of a look as I could. He seemed slightly taken aback before turning his head to look at his hands.

I took in a deep breath, standing up as I pushed my hair back, combing my fingers through my hair. "Anyone want anything to drink? I'm gonna take a look at wherever is not poisonous from the cafeteria." I asked, the others shaking their head or not paying attention.

"I'll take a Coke if you don't mind."Damien asked. I nodded, turning off in the direction of the cafeteria.

I walked slowly, passing by rushing doctors, crying or smiling patients, and lots of random people.

By the time I arrived, I was exhausted. Not physically rather emotionally. Being around so much variation of emotion as well as feeling strong worry as well was enough to make me want to fall asleep. I shook off my tiredness as I walked over to the shelves they had, quickly pulling a Coke and a coffee off the shelf. While the coffee wasn't warm, I felt it fit the situation better.

I walked over to the register, paying for the two drinks before sipping on the coffee.

The woman gave me a sympathetic look. I could only imagine that I looked awful. The thought made me chug the drink, the cool coffee sending shivers down my spine.

A sudden vibration from my pocket alerted me to a new message. I quickly pulled out my phone to see a message from Dick.

"Room 548, hurry up" I didn't care to send a message back, I shoved my phone in my pocket before sprinting off, startling a few people as I rocketed down the halls.

—------------------Damien POV: --------------------

"Can this guy go any slower?" I asked, looking over at Tim whose eyes were almost glazed over, he'd been a bit...quiet, and the whole sleeping thing was kinda creeping me out.

Tim glanced at me, pursing his lips. "Just be glad he's taking us somewhere; it could've been a lot different." I shut my mouth, turning back to the doctor in front of us as he guided us through the halls.