[Chapter 5]

Jungwon and Sunoo were mid conversation when they heard Principle Im yell for everyone to listen up. The woman planted herself in front of the crowd, waiting patiently for the mindless chatter of her students to die down. During this time, the boys attention fell on the two people beside their principle. 

The woman was a similar height to Principle Im, with fair skin, and long black hair tied into two French braids. Her waterproof trousers, coat and boots made it clear she was no newbie to camping, and with easy deduction, that probably meant she worked here. For the boys case, it wasn't so clear. He looked young, with cute yet charming features, and hair that was died a minty blue. If he was around their age, shouldn't he be in school? What was he doing working for a random camping retreat in the woods? Though that wasn't the main thing on Jungwon's mind. 

"How can he be so cute and hot at the same time?" Jungwon says quietly, as everyone had basically shut up now. He hears Sunoo chuckle but then quickly shush him, since Principle Im had began talking. It was the classic boring speech about how everyone needed to act, and Jungwon had no interest in it, instead leaning closer to Sunoo. "Like look at those arms." He whispers, pointing out the boys toned arms, which could be seen through his tight long sleeve.

"We're not here for cute boys remember." Sunoo whispers back, trying to pay attention to what Principle Im was saying.

"Maybe you're not- Ow!" Jungwon winces at the sharp elbow he receives in the side. "What was that for?"

"Let me listen."

"I'll pass you over to the expert, please treat her with respect, and listen well." Principle Im steps back, allowing the new lady to take the spotlight.  

"Hello everyone, and welcome to TFW Retreats. I'm Kim Dahyun, one of the workers here, and the person who's going to be looking after you guys for the next few days." She speaks with excitement, completely unphased by the unimpressed teenagers in front of her. Loosing no enthusiasm, she hooks her arm over the mint haired boy beside her, and introduces him to the students. "This here is Bang Junhyuck, he's doing work experience with us for this week. If you ever need anything and can't find me, he's the person to go to."

Junhyuck awkwardly smiled as Dahyun patted his shoulder, probably due to the group of teenagers staring him down. If it wasn't for his confident aura, you'd assume he'd be eaten alive by those very teens. He didn't back down easily, never the first to break eye contact with anyone he happened to lay eyes on, well, not until he met the gaze of Yang Jungwon, and just like that, he looked away almost instantly. 

"Yes this is a camping retreat, but we're not just here to sit around the campfire and roast marshmallows. I want by the end of this week, for you all to leave feeling like you've learnt something. Whether that be about yourself, or the people around you. This a great opportunity for you guys, and if you don't fully embrace this experience, then that's on you." Dahyun finishes up her introduction, clapping her hands together once again. "Now before we get things started, do you guys have any questions?"

Jungwon doesn't waste a second before he asks. "Where are we staying?"

"That's a good question." Dahyun chuckles, spinning 90 degrees to point down a forest path. "The camp sight is down there, and you guys will be staying in cabins that sleep four. Any other ques-" She stops mid sentence as a hand shoots into the air. "Yes?"

"Not that I'm expecting you to have electricity out here," Yujin holds a disgusted expression as she glances around the forest clearing. "but it's worth asking I guess." 

"We have electricity as in lights, but that's all you guys get. No outlets, so you'll have to hand in your phones if you want them charged." 

"Wait no outlets!? That means I can't plug in my hairdryer or my straighteners! How am I meant to style my hair!" Wonyoung squeals dramatically.

"Let nature style it for you." Dahyun laughs in amusement.

Appearing on the verge of tears, Wonyoung collapses into Gaeul's arms, who comforts her by stroking her hair. 

"Okay if there's no more questions, we can get on with our first activity!" Dahyun cheers, gesturing for Principle Im to step forward again. She turns to Junhyuck, and the boy quickly pulls out a stack of paper slips from his pocket. 

"You've all been split into groups of four, so when you hear your names called come forward and take a paper slip from Dahyun." Principle Im explains. "These will also be the people you're sharing a cabin with."

Sunoo looks around the crowd until he spots Jake, and the two exchange silent 'I hope we're together' glances. 

"Kim Sunoo." The ravenette jumps slightly, not expecting to be the first one called. He awkwardly jogs forward as Principle Im calls out the next name. "Yang Jungwon." The two boys smile at each other out of relief. "Lee Heeseung, and Song Hyeongjun." 

"Can we switch miss? No offence but I literally never speak to any of these people." The brunette pouts, marching towards the principle. 

Song Hyeongjun had a pretty good reputation around the school. He wasn't popular, but was generally liked by his peers. He mostly spent his time in the drama club with his friends Wonjin, Jungmo and Taeyoung. So, everyone expected for those four to bunk together.

"Nope."

"But miss-"

"And no complaining." Principle Im cut him off. "Alright moving on to the next group..."

Hyeongjun sighed in defeat, and joined his fellow roommates as they picked up their paper slip. Dahyun then informed them that the slip was actually a clue. 

Yes, this was some sort of key scavenger hunt. 

____

Hope you guys are enjoying the story, there's so much more to come that I'm excited about sharing. Thanks again for the support!

Any MCND or Cravity stans here? Defo check them out if you haven't already :)