Chapter 9

Nova

"Love, wake up we gotta go"

I groggily open my eyes and smile at the sight of Hazel. "What?"

"You look beautiful" I respond.

"Thank you"

We soon get up and make our way to the school parking lot. We decided to skip the rest of the day. Hazel was getting enough.

——————

"Well I'll see you soon, okay?" I mumble as Hazel lays down in her bed.

"Stay"

"What?" I ask softly.

"Stay" she sighs, "I want you to stay"

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm, unless you don't wanna"

"No! I mean yes, yes I'll stay"

I walk over to the bed and sit down first. I take my shoes of then lay down beside her. She pulls my body into her chest and I hide my crimson red face in her neck. She smells like vanilla...

"I know I already said it, but I'm proud that you went to school today. Even if it was only for the first couple hours, it's the start" I speak quietly.

She hums. But I know she's taking my words in.

"Okay, I'll stop talking now and let you sleep," I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before snuggling in with her.

Seeming as I had a nap on the bleachers, i'm not tired, so I just go on my phone. But within the first hour, there's a knock on Hazels door.

"Come in!" I whisper shout, not wanting to wake Hazel up.

Her mother walks in and she smiles, seeing as her daughter is snuggled up into my arms. "You two make a very cute couple you know?"

"Thank you" I blush.

"Well anyways, I just came to ask what Hazel felt like for dinner, even though she hasn't been eating much"

She hasn't?

"Oh, I can wake her up for y-"

"No it's okay, I'll just make some spaghetti or something, but honey would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Oh I wouldn't want to intru-"

"Don't be silly, you're more than welcome to stay"

"Um okay, yeah sure I'd love to, thank you Skye"

"It's alright, and also dinner will be ready at 7, now I'll leave you to it" she smiles before leaving and closing the door.

Hazels so lucky to have a mum like Skye.

Speaking of Hazel, I feel her slightly shift and I look down at her. She's put her head further in the crook of my neck and wrapped her arms around my waist, as well as tangling her legs with mine.

Sweet baby Jesus I'm blushing again.

I notice how her hair has fell onto her face so I move it out of the way and start caressing it. Man she has soft hair. Thinking this is a cute moment I grab my phone and open Snapchat. Not for a filter, but because the normal photo app sucks ass. I snap a photo and admire it. Hazel looks adorable. I then upload it to my Insta story. Not that anyone cares. But it's my account so I can do whatever I want.

I then take a billion more photos just so I can have them to look at. Creepy? Maybe. Do I care? Absolutely not.

I rest my head back on her headboard and begin scrolling through my library on Wattpad, trying to find a book I feel like reading. Am I the only one that starts 20 different books at the same time amd never seems to finish them?