Chapter 14

Nova

I've been awake for about an hour, just staring at her. She's got dried tears stained on her face, red nose, and she looks really pale. As much as I know she doesn't eat a lot, I decide to carefully push her out of my arms and make my way to the kitchen.

But when I pass the living room I see a bunch of things broken. Did Hazel smash all this before she came to school? I sigh and continue going to the kitchen.

I look through the fridge and pantry and decide to make waffles for her. About 10ish minutes later they're made and sat on a plate with a bunch of toppings. One with maple syrup and ice cream, one with honey and strawberries, and one with whipped cream and raspberries. I know she won't eat all of it so I'll have some too.

I quickly wash all the dishes I used before going upstairs, I take a seat on her bed and gently caress her hair. Her nose scrunches and her eyebrows crease, I softly chuckle and she seems wake up.

"Good morning baby" I warmly smile.

She lifts herself up without saying anything back which is okay, she looks on the bedside table at the food I made. She probably smelt it. "I made breakfast, and I'll eat whatever you don't finish okay?" 

She hums while lifting her leg up and placing it on one side of me. She takes her seat, straddling me as she grabs the plate. She uses the knife and fork to cut each waffle in half. "We can share half of each waffle" she mumbles.

"Sure"

I stare up at her as she brings the waffle with honey and strawberries to my mouth, I take the bite from the fork and swallow it. She starts eating hers but very slowly. It's okay she can take her time.

About 30 minutes pass and the plate is finished. "I need a shower" she utters getting off my lap.

"Okay, I'll wait here for you"

She stares at me, "have one with me"

"Are you sure?"

She nods her head before entering the bathroom. I use a hair tie I found on her desk to put my hair up in a bun, I don't wanna wash it. When I get in there Hazel is already in the boiling hot shower, just how she likes it. When I step through the door I noticed she isn't wearing her bracelets, I avoid my stare so I don't make her upset and pick up the shampoo bottle. I lather it in my hands and start massaging it into her hair. Then conditioner.

I wash my body while she does the same, even though we're done we stayed in the shower for another 5 minutes, kinda just holding her. I know a million thoughts are running through her mind.

"Let's go watch a movie and cuddle okay?"

She slowly nods her head, we dry ourselves off and I do Hazel's skincare as she sits on the bathroom counter. We soon brush our teeth and get dressed. Hazels in a hoodie with no pants and I get dressed in a shirt and shorts. I lay down in the bed and pull her body into my arms. I give her a quick peck on her cheek and choose the movie 'Home alone' number two, where he's in the city.

About half way through I notice Hazel's eyes are barely open, it doesn't take long for her to fully fall asleep. I'd like to stay with her and cuddle, but I decide to go downstairs and clean up her living room. Whether her mum was home or not when she did it, she shouldn't have to clean it and I don't want Hazel feeling bad when she realised she'd have to do it.

I pick up all the broken things that were decor and I notice the tv has a little crack in it. What made her so angry? I chuck the glass and smashed up vases into the bin. I then get the vacuum cleaner which I found in a hallway closet, I hope the noise doesn't wake her up. When I'm done I mop the floor to get rid of any marks of the dirt from the vases.

I tidy up a few things and neaten them before going back to Hazels room. I pull her back into my arms and rest my head on her headboard. I only just notice the hole in her wall above her dresser. How didn't I see that last night? I then look down at her hands and notice that they are a little bruised and red, also one little cut on her pointer finger. I am so fucking blind, I've literally been touching her hands and looking at them and didn't notice. I roll my eyes at my stupidity and grab my phone.

I scroll through my fyp on TikTok for about two hours until Hazel starts moving around. I put my phone down and wait for her to wake up. Her eyes open and she stares up at me. "You look pretty"

I blush, "thank you"

She moves herself to sit up and leans her head on my shoulder, "hey we should do something tonight, if you're up for it"

"Like what?" She questions.

I shrug, "anything, we can go to a dinner, a movie, arcade, stargaze in a field.....go for a drive in your r34" I smile.

She quietly chuckles, "we will drive in my 'r34' and go to....the arcade"

"Sounds like a plan, when do you wanna leave?" I ask.

"Well it's 4pm now, we can leave at 5, gives us an hour to get ready"

I nod.

"You should wear something cute, I can give you my clothes"

I smile and nod.

She walks over to her closet and searches through it, pulling out a black dress. "Oh my God yes! I'm wearing that"

I pair it with converse and my hair in two plaits, along with gold jewellery

I pair it with converse and my hair in two plaits, along with gold jewellery. Hazel does my makeup for me and the entire time she's doing it she's stood between my legs as I'm sat on the bathroom counter.

She did a subtle orange eyeshadow that looked cute with my hair colour, eyeliner, lipgloss and fake eyelashes. She also filled my eyebrows in. "You should be a makeup artist in the future" I compliment her.

She shakes her head 'no'

I wait about 10 minutes for her to get dressed and when I see her I smile, "you look hot"

She's paired it with purple Jordan's and her bracelets, as well as her silver rings. "Hmm, thank you love"

We leave a little while after and I can't lie that I was scared with how fast she was driving. "Hazel you're going over the speed limit!"

"Relax, we'll be fine" she smiles.

I slump in the car seat and pray to God we don't die.

We eventually make into the arcade in one piece  and I can't wait to enjoy the night.

Vote 🍍