Chapter 17

Nova

Monday, and Hazel isn't getting up anytime soon. She's probably gonna stay home today. But if she doesn't mind I'll stay with her. Unless she needs some alone time.

"Hazel, do you want me to stay? Or I can go home if you'd like"

"Up to you" her tired voice mumbles into the pillow.

"Well...can I stay?"

Please say yes.

"Yeah"

Pleased with her answer I lie back down and pull her into my chest. "You smell good" I tell her. I can see the corner of her mouth slightly raise up only to disappear with the sound of her window opening.

In crawls Leo.

"Leo what are you doing here? You're meant to come tomorrow" she utters.

"Sorry babes, but I'm outta town tomorrow so unless you wanna wait a week til I get ba-"

"Okay yeah give it to me" she cuts him off.

"Hey Nova" he nods looking over at me.

"Hi" I respond softly.

"How you feeling?"

"Fine" she shrugs.

"Hmm, we'll remember, I'm just a phone call away" he gives her a quick friendly kiss on her forehead before leaving.

"Is that coke?" I ask after she sits back on the bed. "Uh yeah..." she mumbles whilst grabbing a $10 note from her beside table.

Oh she's doing it now.

I watch as she snorts the white substance with the rolled up money and she wipes her nose after.

"Can I try?"

"No"

"What why?" I slump in my position.

"Don't ever do this shit Nova, I mean it"

"But you do it"

"Yeah and I wish I never started" she mumbles.

"Then why don't you stop?"

She sighs, "It's not that easy"

"Oh..."

I stare at her as she lies down and stares up at the ceiling. "You look so pretty" I compliment her.

"You do to" she practically whispers.

My eyebrows crease and I mouth, 'fuck' when I realise. holy shit I'm so pathetic. I said I'd help her. Yet I'm watching as she just snorted coke. Fuck I'm a horrible girlfriend. I even pinky swore I'd help her.

Okay...we'll start fresh and clean tomorrow...

"Can I cuddle you?" I ask.

"Yeah"

I snuggle into her chest and leave a few soft kisses along her jawline. "Nova" she groans.

"Yeah?"

"Don't do that"

"Why?"

"Cause it'll turn into more, and I'm too tired for that...maybe tonight though," I laugh at her cute response and lay my head back on her chest.

"Can we play some music?" I ask after a while.

"Hmm"

"Speaker or AirPods?"

"AirPods," I grab them off the bedside table and place one in her ear and the other in mine. I then play 'Chasing Cars' by snow patrol.

Soon, she drifts off to sleep in my arms, and so do I.