Chapter 10

Nova

"Hazel, are you okay?" I quietly ask as I walk through the closed bedroom door.

She's sat on her bed on her phone, "nice photo" she mumbles. She's talking about the photo I posted.
"Oh um, yeah I thought it was cute"

She hums.

"So...are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You just seemed kinda angr-"

"I'm fine Nova"

"Oh, well if you want me to go home, I will. See you soon?"

"Yeah bye"

Shouldn't we like...hug or kiss goodbye? She just stares at me as I stand at the end of her bed.

"Bye Hazel"

When I reach the end of the stairs Skye stops me, "I really am sorry sweetie, but don't worry, she'll come around"

"Yeah..."

"Look I'm going to be honest with you, Hazel is a hard person to date. I can't deny that. But, I promise she's worth it, she's a sweet, caring and loyal girl. Give her a chance"

I take in what she says, "yeah, I know she's worth it"

She sighs, "I'll see you soon sweetie"

I leave the house and start my walk home, when I arrive I do my usual of a proper shower, skincare, ect.

I scroll on my phone for a little bit before going to sleep, thinking about Hazel.

——————

It's Tuesday and Hazel surprisingly did show up to school, I'm surprised because she was obviously angry yesterday, and she hates school, overall just feeling off too.

I watch as she walks into class and takes a seat next to me, but she doesn't speak.

"Hi baby" I speak quietly.

"Hey"

I sigh and turn to the front, I wanna know what I did to make her angry. Was it when I asked about the burn mark on her thigh? Then again, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Ughhh stupid Nova, why do I always have to ask questions, especially when I know it pisses her off.

"I'm sorry" I mumble softly,

She turns to face me, "what do you mean?"

"Well you're angry at me...."

"Who said I was angry at you?"

"It's just...since last night, it feels like you don't wanna be near me"

Shit did I get the whole thing wrong?

"I'm not mad at you...just tired"

"You were suddenly tired after last night? look I know I'm probably annoying you right now, but you truely do seem mad at me"

She sighs, "Nova, just..."

"You're right, yeah I'll stop talking" I cut her off.

"I didn't say stop taking"

"Oh"

She stares at me for a few seconds as I play with my hands, "come here"

"What?"

She grabs my hand and pulls me into her, I wish the seats were attached so I could actually be closer to her.

"I'm not mad at you, I promise"