Twice bitten Once Shot 2

So far I found a clothing store, gas station, market, a hospital and even a gun store; Now and then I see a few infections.
" okay I guess that's it for now," I said and walked over to the fire escape. As I climb down I thought I heard someone coughing. I jumped on the last step my foot hit a rock that went into the trash cans.
'Damn it' I screamed inside my head I heard them coming I ran down the alley way as one of them rounded the corner. I grabbed the stick and struck it in the head but I fail to see the one in the middle cuz I ran right smack into it. I fell over as more kept coming, one of them got me on the hand. I got up and ran, after a little while I got up on the roof and sat down trying to catch my breath. I looked around and saw what looked like someone had set up camp, only with blood on the ground and body parts. I crawled over to one of the backpacks and went through it: food, candy bars and bottles of water and some other necessary things.I also found a bandana in which I wrapped my hand in. I looked over the edge, the infection had given up and i sighed in relief. I packed everything back into the backpack swinging it over my shoulder, as I walked over to the other fire escape my eyes landed on a black case. I picked it up and climb down the fire escape then made my way back to the safe house.
***************
My mother, grandfather and uncle were waiting outside for my return
"oh where is she, oh I should of stopped her, what is she-"my mother started
"ALICIA! Calm down," my grandfather interrupted her. "Aly a big girl she knows how to handle herself"
" ok but if she isn't here with another 10 minutes I'm going to go after her"my mother said. Not five minutes after she said that did I come strolling out towards the safe house
"so did you find anything good" my uncle asked
"some shops, gas station and a bunch of cars. Did you find out what the car needs," I asked he nodded and we went to the door of the safe house. As we open the door my grandfather saw my hand
"did you get bit" he asked as we entered "yeah' I said when we heard a gun cock, I looked over and saw a man with a gun pointed at me before I could say something he fired the gun.......