Unforgettable morning

Running I made my way down the hallway of the lab looking for a way out. Hold up maybe I should start from the beginning, it was a normal day. I got up and got ready for school and left, but today felt different.

    "Aly! Hurry up," my mother yelled, " Coming" I said as I dropped from the second floor easily. I strode over to the table and began to pile food on my plate, I looked over at my two sisters and two little cousins who were watching the news with my grandfather and uncle.

"So how is school Aly," my aunt Shea asked, I opened my mouth to speak but before I could the TV interrupted me. " Attention everyone this is an important annoncemt due to the recent number of flu's going around it seems the doctors have finally figured out what it is. The doctors at C.E.D.A have learned that this is an infected virus that is happening all over the world. This is infecting everyone, the warning signs are a fever, chills and redding around the area.Everyone needs to get to a safe house and if you are infected there is no help for you." The woman took a slight pause as someone told her something her face shown horror. "Ladies and gentleman it seems the dead are up and walking around. Please if you come in contact defending yourselves, do not get bit and god bless you all."

   We all stared at the screen as it went blank, we looked at each other and then scattered around the house packing useful items and finding a weapon. I looked outside and the place was crazy, I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs where my uncle handed me a shovel, " Really a shovel," I asked. "Yes now the plan is to get to the cars and then head to a safe house in the next town," my uncle said, we all nodded and went to the door. We ran for the van, I saw one of those things run towards us, I didn't think twice as I swang the shovel and made contact with its head.

    We just kept running to the van taking out ones that got to close. Me, my uncle, grandfather, and cousin Parker made a circle around my mom, aunt and little ones. We finally reached the van and we began to pile in, as I went to climb in one of the grabbed my leg and pulled me down. I hit the ground I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked over and saw one of the
things had sunk its teeth in my arm.