twice bitten once shot 1

My face lost all color as I saw the marks on my arm, I looked over and saw the zombie crawling towards me. I reached for the shovel and struck him in the head. "Aly let's go!!" my uncle yelled, I got up and ran to the van, we shut the door and sped off. As we drove through the town we saw all sorts of damage; buildings on fire, people running from infected as others defended themselves.

My mom kneeled next to me as I looked at my arm, it was already starting to redden around the bite and I was starting to feel cold.
" Oh honey," my mom said as she held me, "She's going to turn into one of those things..... Isn't she." Parker asked. The way to the safe house was silent until I spoke up.
"I want all of you to know that if I do turn into one of those things I don't want anyone to hesitate," I said as the fever started to worsen,
"Don't worry Aly will be there soon," my grandfather said as I fell asleep.
" She's asleep," my mother said as she patted my hair,
" mom.... is Aly... Is she going to be one of those things?" Kelsey asked
" only time will tell," my grandmother said as the van came to a stop.
*******(time skip)******
I woke up in a room I didn't recognize, then the memories came flooding back to me, I heard the door open and saw my mother shocked face.
' oh no I've become one of those things,' I thought, I close my eyes knowing that she would have to get rid of me, but what I was expecting was her to hug me.
"Thank God you woke up," she said squeezing me tightly.
"Huh?" II managed to say, she pulled me back and looked at me.
" Aly sweetheart you've been asleep for the past few days,"she said. My eyes widened at her words as my heart begins to pick up speed.
"So... So I'm still alive," I asked, shocked I broke into smile and tears as I hugged her.
After a little while she left me to get dressed,as I pulled my button up top on I caught sight of the bite. All that was left now was scarred skin amongst my pale skin. As I walked outside the compound, I heard my family are you about something.
" well I can't, go who's going to see what the car needs," my uncle yelled.
" well I'm so old and we can't send Parker because he's too big and will stand out too much," my grandfather yelled back.
" what about me?" I spoke up, they all looked at me.
"Aly? What no you're still recovering," my aunt started but my uncle butted in.
" no wait she's on to something, all we need is for someone to go into town and scope it out for us. Then tomorrow we can go and get what we need are you up for Aly?" He asked and I nodded.
*******************†****†****†††
I stood outside the safe house with my mom and aunt,
" sweetheart you don't have to do this if you don't want to,"my mom said.
" I know Mama but I've been bitten once and I didn't turn so I have the most chance," I said she was still skeptical but nodded anyway.
" remember stick to roofs and shadows." my aunt said
I nodded and set off to the town I had long traded the shovel for a sharp stick and headed into the town.
*hi everyone here is part 1 of the 2nd chapter please enjoy •w•*