Prologue

"Meeting someone unexpectedly who becomes so important to you such an unbelievably special thing."

-Unknown-

***

It was the beginning of summer. That year's summer was quite lovely, it wasn't too hot like the previous years.

I wanted to spend some time outside later but first, I had better things to do. There I was, in my room, mixing some healing potions and testing out several new recipes.

I also needed to cultivate my mana and recharged since I have been using a lot of it recently.

I was so focused on what I was doing that I didn't realize the front door of my manor had been opened.

However, I didn't have to rush and checked if an intruder had come. It was simply impossible. There was a knock and a familiar voice was heard from behind the door.

"Ophelia, I've done the task you requested me to. I have discreetly gotten rid of the monsters at the foot of the mountain, the villagers should be safe by now."

I turned my head and saw him. His piercing red eyes never failed to catch my attention. His blonde hair was shining as the sunlight hit it and his golden skin gleamed with sweat.

He was half naked and the only thing he had on was a pair of ivory trousers I had given him before.

"Helios, how many times have I told you to wear something whenever you're meeting me." I say as I throw a piece of t-shirt which he quickly caught. He put it on and pouted.

"Why does it matter? It's not like it's the first time you've seen me naked." He argued.

"Of course it matters, you were just a child back then but now you are all grown. Do you think it's appropriate to show up to your master like that?" I puffed as I poured the finished potion into the bottles.

Just as I finished my first bottle, I felt a strong pair of arms hugging me from behind. Helios' tall and strong figure easily towered over me and with a smirk on his face, he whispered.

"Since I am a man now, does that mean I can have a romantic relationship with you?" He asked innocently as he sniffed the back of her neck, sending shiver down my body.

I maintained my composure as I took a deep breath and turned to look at him. I hit him lightly in the head with a long stick since he was much taller than me.

"What has gotten to you? It seems like dealing with all the monsters have twisted your head. Anyway, enough of this nonsense. I will be preparing dinner soon, you can do whatever you want in the time being."

I was about to leave him but he quickly pulled my hand and hugged me again tightly.

"Ophelia, I mean it. Each time I go to the village, I learnt a few things about people. I see men and women who are in love with each other getting married and have kids. I love you and I know you love me too, so why can't we get married and have kids like humans do?" He asked innocently.

I sigh and turned around to face him again. His eyes were sincere, he was serious.

"That's because I'm a witch and you are a dragon. We can't get married and have kids like humans do, it's impossible." Yes, that's true.

It would be against nature for me to be with him, after all, even though he can shapeshift and turn into a human form like this, he is still a dragon.

He looked like he was about to cry when I told him it's impossible.

Argh, I hated it. No matter how many years had passed, my heart still couldn't bear seeing him acting like this.

"Okay, you know what? Let's forget about this. I'm done with my work today and there is still some time before dinner. Do you want to fly around the mountain with me?" I proposed.

His previously droopy eyes were instantly filled with glimmer.

"Of course, Let's do that." He answered cheerily. I walked outside and felt the sun on my skin. It's warm and pleasant.

He followed closely behind me and once he was outside, he quickly transformed into his original form. Helios, the sun dragon.

His scales were a deep shade of red, orange and yellow. His eyes were red, just like his human form. He was extremely large.

Around twelve meters long and four meters in height. This wasn't even his maximum size since he was still relatively young for a dragon.

He could still grow bigger in the future but it was none of my concern for the time being.

He lowered his body so I could climb on top of him. I have done this countless times before but since he had grown since the last time I rode him, I was having some difficulties.

Helios helped me by moving his legs to give me a little push and I was on top of him.

"Let's go, Helios." I order him and he slowly spread his wings and flew to the sky. Flying with a dragon is an experience one never got used to. Yet, it's so exciting.

I could feel the wind caressing my skin and a smile formed on my face. This was definitely one of our favorite activity together.

My name is Ophelia Von Wickhelm. I was born as a witch. If you're wondering how I managed to be in this situation, riding a dragon across the sky, we would need to get back from the beginning.

To the day everything started.