Chapter 6

"There are those who say fate is something beyond our command, that destiny is not our own. But I know better. Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it."

-Merida, Brave-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

I heard a knock on my bedroom's door and opened it. Piore was standing in front and there was a relieved expression on his face.

"The princess has woken up and requested to meet you." It was expected. I nodded and followed him to the princess' bedroom.

When the door was opened, the emperor and two other men was present in the room.

Judging from their clothes, those men should be member of the royal family as well. As I stepped in, one of the man caught my eyes.

He had raven black hair and ocean blue eyes. He was tall, with good posture, quite handsome and had a strong aura around him.

Beside that man was a slightly shorter man with tan skin, olive green hair and golden eyes.

I saw the princess sitting on the bed with a smile on her face. Her ocean blue eyes lightened up when she saw me and she spoke with a soft voice.

"Greeting to your majesties." I greeted them all.

"Are you the witch who saved me?" She asked.

"Yes, that would be me. My name is Ophelia Von Wickhelm but you could just call me Ophelia." I told them.

It was weird for me to be in the same room as these people who just a few hundred years ago would have wanted me dead.

"Ophelia, thank you for your help. Thanks to you, I am able to live a normal life again."

Nothing about the princess' life was ever normal but I understood what she meant by that.

"Miss Von Wickhelm, allow me to introduce you to my sons. This is my first son, the crown prince Nicholas Dante Aristos." The emperor, Edward, pointed his arm at the man who caught my eyes earlier.

The man politely gave me a nod as a sign of acknowledgement. He didn't seem like the type who talked much.

But when our eyes met, I could feel my body temperature rising and my heartbeat accelerated. It was not a pleasant feeling to be in.

"And this is my second son, the second prince, Clyde Marius Aristos." He moved his arm into the olive haired man I saw earlier.

That was the second prince? But how come he didn't have ocean blue eyes? It was so strange, was he truly the second prince?

"Miss Von Wickhelm, I would like to invite you for dinner with our family tonight. In the meantime, you are free to explore the palace. I will send one of the knight to guide you around." The emperor spoke before turning to his daughter.

"And you, Serena, you need to rest and gather your strength." He advised her.

"Yes, father. Don't worry." She reassured him.

"I will be taking my leave now." The emperor left and everyone greeted him including me. Once he was gone, I planned to leave as well.

It was a bit awkward but the princess suddenly held my hand.

"Ophelia, do you want to take a tour around the palace with me? My body has recovered completely thanks to you. This is the least I should do." She offered.

"Serena, don't you think you're a bit rash about it? What if you suddenly fall sick again?" Nicholas, who had been silent the entire time, finally spoke up for the first time.