Part 16

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Monami was standing in the pantry making a cup of tea. She watched her well dressed colleagues through the clear glass panel. Shagun ’s suicide note was very obscure. The reason for her suicide... The drug network... Is it related to these people? 

Karan said no one must suspect or know about their operation. She politely greeted everyone before going into Karan’s office.  

An uneventful morning.

*****"

Customer 3 division is an elite team.  They are obviously better paid than her previous colleagues, as even the places they have lunch is more expensive. Right now, they were sitting at a buffet house not far from the office. Manager Ghosh did not join them. Apparently she is rarely present at joint meals. Perhaps she wants to keep a distance from her subordinate.

 Karan certainly will not come.

The group sat down at a wooden table near the window. To Monami’s left, it’s Kushal, to her right is Shomik. Debina was sitting across her. She does not like to engage with others much. Pranab is a pleasant guy to chat with. Abhijeet is a bit stiff and serious, even in a social setting.

" Debina apni achi nice wali side sirf customers ko hi show krti hain. She gets a lot of complaints from other departments. " Kushal said to Monami.

Everyone laughed, even Debina. She saw Kushal’s arm resting on Monami’s backseat. She smiled to Monami: “Little Rabbit, beware of the big bad wolf.” 

"Main? Wolf?" Kushal stared at her, then turned to Monami, “usse ignore kro..."

Monami reached for her juice and raised it in front of her : "It’s my second day on the job. Here’s to you guys.  Thank you for all your help. To the future!”  Everyone raised their glass.

After a bit of wine and dine, Kushal asked on behalf of everyone: “Monami, Director Shergill ka background kya hain? I mean tum unke cabin me kaam krti ho. Have you found out anything about him yet? Share with us.” 

 Monami thought for a while what she should share: "He seems to be related to the Chairman.”

Everyone got a little excited.  Shomik asked: “Tumhe kaise pta chala?”

Monami: "Woh kl maine unhe chairman ko video call par sister bolte suna."

Kushal: "Must be a first cousin  because I have not heard about Chairman having a sibling.”

Monami: "I am not sure.”

*****

It was a fun meal, but Monami noticed that most of the time Shomik kept very quiet. 

A lot of good salesperson is outwardly attractive. This theory proves true in this division. Kushal is a rich playboy type. Shomik also looks good. He makes Monami feel comfortable - like 
the boy next door’. 

Monami got a phone call from Karan.  She got up immediately to say goodbye to the rest and hurried to meet him. Kushal stood up with her: "Mera bhi ho gaya.. chlo sath me chalte hain."

Monami was walking quite quickly, Kushal laughed whilst following behind: “ Slow down. Tum usse darti ho kya?"

Monami smiled. She can see Karan’s BMW parked outside the building. It’s part of his remuneration  package as Director for Customer 3 Division.