Part 44 Another family murdered

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

A distance of 8km should take less than 5 minutes to reach.

Karan was driving with a stern face.   Monami looked out the window - houses, police cars, more fields… they faded away quickly by as Karan speed to their next destination.

Monami was trying to analyse the facts: “first family ko maarne k baad, killer wahan crime scene par ruka - usne khana khaya aur apne clothes change liye. Phir wahan se doosre Ghar Tak jaane me usse time laga hoga which means he was only on the road for about thirty minutes. Woh wahan chal kar toh nahi jaa sakta hain.. As there’s not enough time, and it would attract people’s attention.  Besides we don’t have any eye witness yet.

Jo second family ko usne maara hain woh bhi..  they lived in a quiet road. Kya yeh uske criteria ka part hain?  But then,  it would imply ki woh plan karke kill kar raha gain. Is our initial deductions wrong?”

This was the first time she doubted Karan’s reasonings. It’s a strange feeling, but looking at him, she felt it’s a valid question. Because there was an obvious contradiction.

Karan calmly replied: “Main galat nahi ho sakta hoon.”

Monami: “…..ok.”

They arrived the next crime scene.  Another farmhouse. The place waa cordoned off.  A group of police officer stood outside the house. Karan said mildly: “Though we did not want to see more killings, the new deaths have help us determine his identity and what he looked like.”

Monami was stunned.

Obviously, they were not thinking at the same level. When she felt they have taken a step back in the investigation, Karan has in fact taken a huge step forward. 

He opened the door, and said to her before he hops off: “mere pass rehna.”

——————-

The second crime scene has many similarities to the first one. The killer waa even more vicious in his assaults.  Monami took a look and waited outside.

After a while, Karan came out.  He took off the gloves that was soaked with blood.  He looked at the pale Monami: “If you are still shaken by what you’ve seen, come into my arms.” 

There’s people surrounding them.  Monami hesitated and declined his offer. He looked around and grabbed her cold hand: “Are you embarrassed again? Kisse nahi pata h ki you are my woman?”  He said.

Monami blushed.

Karan was obviously very upset at the moment. The killer has caused over ten deaths. He needed to focus on the case, but he was concerned for her at the same time. So even when he was speaking about their relationship, his tone was still cold and moody….

She tapped his shoulder gently: “ meri fikr mat kro.. main khud ka khayal rakh sakti hoon.. tum bs case par focus karo...  I’ll be right behind you all the time.”

It’s supposed to be a considerate statement from a girlfriend. 

Karan turned to her, and said in his cold voice: “Do you think I am not capable of handling both roles at the same time?”  The two roles obviously means ‘detective’ and ‘boyfriend’.

Monami: “…….”

He must be angered by this killer. He has been in a bad mood since he left the bedroom. Now it’s even worse.  Nothing she said can soothe him.