Part 64 Break out

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments

Continuing from the last part,

Losing Monami was something Karan will never be able to accept.  

The surroundings were quiet. There’s blood flowing along the arm, down to the fingertips, then onto the ground.

Monami’s face touched the cold concrete floor. She was not moving.  There’s a burning pain coming from her back and her waist. It felt like her body didn't belong to her anymore… 

But her vision was still blurred. Lights, bed, metal bars, everything around her are turning into monsters. There were lots of voices speaking at the same time. Her head was so painful it felt like it’s going to explode.  

Monu, baba ki baat yaad rakhna beta.humesha imandari se jeena. Kabhi kuch aisa Mt karna jo tumhare conscience ke against ho.”

“Hey sister.  tum uss weirdo ke sath itni nicely kaise ho...”   

“Monami, maine kabhi usse kisi ladki ke liye itna caring nahi dekha hain.”

“Don’t you want to kiss me?”

“Agar tum mujhe har 5 minutes me kiss karogi toh main tumhare liye kuch bhi karunga. No matter how boring it is to me.”

“Now, do you feel it’s real?”

———————

Tears streamed down her cheeks, down past her cracked lips.  Everything tasted salty and bitter. She couldn't recognise any other tastes anymore. Sweetness? That’s a thing of the past.  

Tak… Tak… Tak..” Some footsteps came close. Monami instinctively curled up like a little vulnerable animal in the corner.  

Ab tum kahi kyon nahi bhag rahi ho?”  Aditya’s voice appeared from behind.  “This is no fun at all. You were still hopping like a rabbit two days ago.”  

Monami lowered her head. She looked at her hands, which were full of wounds and dried blod. They used to be so soft and smooth.  She covered her head with her hands and waited for the whipping that was about to start.  

Perhaps he’s amused by her slow and futile actions, he laughed.  

Swoosh..”  The cracking sound of the whip seemed to cut through the air.  The familiar burning pain landed harshly on her waist.  

Monami felt like she was going to pass out. All her internal organs felt like they were bunched up together.  

This endless pain. When was it going to end? What can she do to bring it to an end?

——————

Ok.” A pair of hands carried her and puts her gently on the bed. 

Kya tum yeh sab khtm karna chahti ho?” He asked softly, as if he could read her mind.

Monami didn't answer him. Her eyes couldn't seemed to focus. She opened and closed her palm repetitively. This was the only way she could tell herself she was still in control of her own mind. That she was not controlled by him. And she could not give up.

Write it down.” He said it like a sweet temptation: “Just write down ki tum kaisa feel kar rahi ho.. Agar yeh Karan Shergill nahi hota toh tum abhi apni life ek happy aur ordinary ladki ki tarah jee rahi hoti..Ek normal person ki tarah jeena without having to endure all this pain and suffering.”