Part 25

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

He will come… for me.”

A sentence said without emotions.  But in Monami ears, the words are like the sound of war drums hitting her heart.

She turns around and looks at him. In the dim light, she can faintly see him.  His handsome face looks calm and collected.

Monami remembers the scars that lie on his back. What sort of experience and pain does he carry with him?

 And when he first returned to India, Koel said he was so skinny he looked like a walking skeleton.  

Were any of these things related to the Flower Cannibal?

Faizi mentioned it was the last case he worked on before returning to India.  He caught the notorious criminal, who is now serving a life sentence in the United States.

But during the process, did he put himself in danger?

This smart, naive and arrogant man that is next to her….  Did he suffer unmentionable cruelty and abuse?

......

Teach him a lesson." Monami says softly.

    This man came in the name of the Flower Cannibal.  He must be either a follower or an accomplice of the hideous monster.

    Karan is looking through his binoculars.  He stares out of the window, moving his lips: “Yeh remind krwane ki jarurat nahi hai tumhe.” He answers haughtily.

    Monami asks: “Woh Saurabh k ghar humse phle aaya tha. Agar aaj bhi he turns up then... Yeh kaise pta laga paa raha hain ki aap kya kar rahe ho aur Kahan par ho?”

    Karan puts down the binoculars.  He says with a cold smile: ”That’s obvious. Woh mujhe stalk kar raha hain.”

    Monami suspects that might be the case.  Nevertheless, it is still creepy to hear it.

    He continues: “Both the FBI and Indian police have sent their men to surveil me.  Yet, woh uski presence ko notice nahi kar paaye. He must be very good at lurking in the shadows.”

    Monami stays silent for a moment, then asks: "? So ......  Was our office bugged?”

    Karan: “Haan. Bilkul thi.. Listening devices humari chairs k underneath hi thi.”

    Monami is astounded.

    When did Karan know about this?  So he used it to his advantage to set up this trap?  But he pretended he didn’t know anything about it. 

    “Aapne mujhe yeh baat kyon nahi btai?" She whispers softly.

    Karan glances at her: “tumhe btata?  Agar btata toh kya tum 'normally' act kar pati?”

    "Of course. And I would have been more prepared."

    “I am here.  What other preparations do you need?”

    -

    Darkness still covers the sky.  The damp paths leading to the residences are quiet. Besides Karan and Monami, there are two other policemen in the monitoring vehicle.  There are also numerous officers hiding in the areas.  The streets are empty, except for two cleaners who are sweeping the streets in the early morning hours.   Everything seems normal.