XV

My Christmas List: December 5th
Gift me with a bed like Armani's for Christmas.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

When I entered back into the bedroom, I almost instantly noticed Armani standing by the bed, her back faced me and her heels were off, but even so, she still managed to be incredibly tall. Her body was really lean from what I could tell by the pantsuits she wore.

"Scopri cosa è successo," she said, and I couldn't help but admire the beautiful language. I wish I could understand what she was saying. Suddenly, as if she easily picked up on my presence, she turned around. "Finiremo questa conversazione più tardi," she said and briefly hung up the phone.

"Was I interrupting?" I asked, setting my folded clothes and heels down at the end of the bed on the bench. I hoped the small talk I was making was enough to distract her from the real matter at hand.

Armani shook her head, walking over to me. "While I don't want to bring it up..." she trailed off, analyzing my face. Guess the small talk wasn't enough. "I need to know what happened. If it involves someone here then I need to handle it."

"Handle it?"

Armani clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth. "Yes, whoever did this needs to be punished," she said, tilting her head. "Was it Leo? Did he do something to you?"

I shook my head quickly, "No-no. No one did anything to me," I said, but it only made Armani give me a skeptical look. She didn't believe me, which meant I'd have to either be a better liar or tell her what actually happened. "I'm fine, honestly. Let's not even talk about it."

My tone suddenly sounded neutral—not weak or overly chipper. Especially not suspicious.

Armani breathed through her nose, and I instantly knew that what I said—my cover up—still wasn't enough. "So trying to kiss me... that's you being fine?" she asked, raising a sharp brow. "Because it seemed like you wanted a distraction—"

"I didn't," I said, cutting her short, which easily made her eyes narrow. It's clear that she doesn't like being interrupted.

Armani rubbed her temples slightly, letting a deep calm breath out, and I knew that whatever was about to come out of her mouth, wasn't going to be good.

"One more time, Miracle," she said, causing my brows to furrow. "I'm going to give you one more time to tell me what's going on."

Silence grew around us, and even if I knew what was about to be said, It didn't stop me from stalling the matter.

Finally, after a few more seconds, I reluctantly said, "I-uh-have past trauma... and coming to the club sort of resurfaced that."

It took Armani a mere second to really understand what I said, her brows raising slightly when she did. And suddenly I felt small in front of her. Smaller than I already did. This is so embarrassing. This is exactly why I didn't want to tell her.

"Miracle," Armani said, taking an intimidating step closer to me. "Give me his name or even a description of his face."

I tilted my head, confusion growing over me. That wasn't what I expected her to say. "I...what?"

"You heard me," she said, but her tone wasn't demanding like it usually was. Instead, it was soft like she was merely reminding me.

"I can't."

"You can't?" she asked, blinking a few times before she said, "Yes, you can."

Without even fully processing it, I rose from the bench, walking past Armani—but she gently grabbed my wrist pulling me back toward her.