LVI

My Christmas List: December 24th
Please don't let Miracle die.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

ARMANI'S POV

The people taking cover and the gunshots going off didn't even faze me, not when Miracle was lying completely limp in my arms.

I could hear Dominico's echoey voice yell, "Get Idalia out of here!"

And my father shortly after, "I need Team One on guard right now!"

I was shaking uncontrollably, scared to move my hand from Miracle's wound, but the paramedics were taking too long and I knew I was going to lose her soon if I hadn't already.

Small sobs vibrated in the back of my throat as I stared down at her, coming to terms with the hardest decision of my entire life.

I had to let go of the open wound in order to pick her up. I can't just sit here not only in the middle of a shoot-out but also with her bleeding out so quickly.

I shook my head, pushing the dreadful emotions away, pushing away the fact that my girlfriend was lying unresponsive in my arms.

Now is not the time to let pesky emotions affect the situation. I had been trained to remain calm and collected since a child. To never let my emotions show—and now it actually feels like it's finally useful.

I let out a deep shaky sigh, gathering myself as I looked down at Miracle, whose beautiful gold dress was now saturated with a horrifying amount of blood.

Reluctantly, I let go of her open wound, gathering her fully in my arms as I stood up to my feet.

There was a full shootout going on, but I couldn't care less, I had to get her medical attention—I had to save her. There was no other choice.

"I want Diana Fontana alive and chained up in a cell—don't you guys dare kill her!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the estate as I practically ran toward the nearest elevator with Miracle's body completely limp in my arms.

As I maneuvered through the large space, I locked eyes with my mother, whose eyes widened in horror at the sight.

Suddenly, I felt like a pitiful child who just lost their favorite toy, like a baby blanket or a beloved teddy bear—holding my unresponsive girlfriend in my arms with tears streaming down my cheeks. My mother could always fix anything, that's what I counted on her for. But she couldn't fix this.

God, I couldn't believe this was actually happening.

I couldn't believe I even let this happen in the first place—I was supposed to protect her.

My heels clicked against the shiny marble floors as I paced the infirmary corridors. Everything that had happened just kept looping in my head on repeat.

"Miracle! No!"

But it was too late, the bullet had already shot through her, and I knew her legs would give out at any moment. I leaped toward her, catching her just as her knees gave out.

I shook my head of the horrifying expression on Miracle's face—how wide her glossy eyes were and the way her mouth opened and closed in shock.

God, this is all my fault.

Miracle got shot because of me—I should've just listened. I should've immediately run away with her to a safe secluded place. We could've made it—the gunshot didn't even go off immediately.