XIX

My Christmas List: December 7th
Help me stand my ground better.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

"I refuse to do this in front of Dali—regardless if she's sleeping or not," Armani said, standing in front of me as I leaned my back against the front of the SUV that was still running.

I shrugged, crossing my arms over my chest. "Do what? We were just having a conversation."

"It was far from a conversation Miracle," she said, shaking her head as her dark eyes stayed pinned on me. "Drop this childish act and just tell me what it is that you want out of all this," she said, her tone firm and stoic. "I refuse to go back and forth with you when we can just come to a solution."

I felt my stomach grow with fire. Mad that she wouldn't divulge in my antics, knowing it would make me feel better to get this pent-up anger out in the form of arguing... or a lighter. Unhealthy, I know. "There's not a solution. You fucked up—which I'm not even surprised by. You can't be trusted."

It was painfully clear that I was only antagonizing her. Trying to get some type of reaction out of her.

"I can't be trusted?" Armani said, her tone remaining calm and cold. She wasn't affected by what I said and I hated that. I hated how hard it was to dig up a reaction out of her. "You can't be trusted, you fucked your boss, which was probably to climb the horrifying corporate ladder."

I rolled my tongue over the side of my cheek, feeling the fire only grow stronger within me. I wanted to scream. Every emotion I was feeling had been bottled up for too long, and Armani was sadly the one who had to deal with it now.

I shrugged, "It wasn't to climb the ladder. She's just really good in bed—probably better than you."

Within under a second, Armani took a dominant step forward, brushing our noses against one another as she stared down at me with nothing but fury. Finally.

Her voice was firm and low when she said, "Say it again."

I froze, noticing how far I took this. It felt good in the moment, but now I'm realizing the situation I've gotten myself into.

And how close Armani was to me. I would only have to lean forward slightly before our lips are touching, and oddly enough, I wanted that—even if I didn't want to want that.

I pressed my hands against Armani's shoulders, making the effort to push her away, but she wouldn't budge.

"Get away from me," I said, forcing my tone to sound disgusted, but it was clear that I was far from it.

Armani leaned in closer, patronizing me. "Look me in the eyes and say it again," she said, her tone low and drawn out.

I furrowed my brows, looking into her eyes that were full irritation. "She's probably better in bed than you."

Within seconds, Armani's lips were on mine, catching me off guard completely. I wanted to pull away to prove a point, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I only pulled her closer to me by her torso, leaning into her deeper as our lips moved against one another.

She tangled her fingers in my hair, pulling slightly at my roots, which easily made my lips part with a whimper. Armani took this moment to slide her tongue between my lips, exploring my mouth fully as she guided my left leg around her waist.

I felt my insides grow warm and my clit pulse with neediness. I leaned into her, wanting—needing more.

But just as her hands traveled down toward my heat, she pulled away completely. Taking a forced large step back from me, her face holding a knowing look.