I. Invitation

"Y/N you have to come to Ren's engagement party!" Delia shouts at the phone, practically begging Y/N.

"Umm... yeah... I'm looking at my schedule right now and I don't think I'll be able to attend."

"I  will need to finish my final revision at Saturday night and Mr. Olo doesn't give any extensions in submissions anyway." Y/N excuses not wanting to attend the engagement party.

She decides to finish her essay about the book Pride and Prejudice as an final activity for the semester.

She knows she can finish her writing on friday but she also doesn't want to spend her
restday of watching rom-com's just to go to an engagement party that will last until midnight.

"Really??? That's your reason?! Even I'm behind my project in sports but I knew how important this would be for Ren!!!"

"She was always supportive and caring of us in the past! But now that she's the one who's needing us right now you decided to turn away just because of a supposed essay which I know you can easily finish on Friday!  Just so you can avoid going out of your house on a Saturday?!"

Delia pants on the other side of the phone feeling satisfied on calling out Y/N on her excuses.

Y/N feeling hurt at all the truth of her friend's words. Stops and contemplates, realizing how selfish she was still feeling offended by being shouted at.

She knew how careless and selfish her decisions were. If she chose to ditch one of the most important event of Ren's life.

Even telling them that she'll only be able to attend at their wedding, thinking that it would be enough for them. But based on Delia's reaction it wouldn't be.

"Do you really have to say all that?" Y/N asks stopping her self from arguing with Delia. It wouldn't do them any good to have a fight now.

Especially since their friend's going to get married.

"How else would I convince you?! I am also too busy you know! And I don't want to physically drag you out of your house anyway!"

"I guess it's time I start to wear a fancy dress that'll hopefully fit my size then!" Y/N hears an excited squeal from the other line.

"Are you serious?! You Y/N! Who always disliked anything girly or pink! Just decide to wear a dress now after all the years we've been together!" Delia screams again, unable to contain her excitement.

"I mean... I think I've done with the tomboyish look phase now. Besides I do miss our class and I'm also curious how they're doing right now."

"You know what? You wearing a dress tomorrow is perfect. Harley and the boys are all going to attend tomorrow too. I never thought they're all close friends of the future groom!" Harley is the ex-crush of Y/N back when they we're in highschool.

He was one of the kindest and smartest boy in their class. He was very friendly with everyone and he excelled in every subject.

He was very hard-working and diligent towards his studies. Of course Y/an didn't fall for his perfect boy status.

She was just a normal classmate of him, sometimes they bantered and she'd always find herself trying to chase him as he always try to annoy her. Always trying to get her attention until she get's pissed and that's when he starts to play boxing with her.

Joking and lightly hitting her shoulders not truly wanting to hurt her. (His hit slightly hurts for Y/N because of his athletic physique and strength). Until Y/N snaps and tries to punch Harley back only to fail because of how fast he dodges and quickly runs. Making the both of them chase each other like children's playing on the playground.

It is childish for their age at that time but it didn't stop them since many of their schoolmates also played around the school grounds. It's only a matter of time before Y/N slowly started falling hard for Harley.

She ended up going to school more motivated and energized whenever she sees him. They continued playing chase and teased each other during their 8th grade. And
Y/N assumed that Harley felt the same because of how sweet and caring he was to her sometimes. That is why when Y/N was asked about her crush she couldn't hide that it was Harley.

And because news travelled fast among her classmates, the news reached Harley and Y/N thought that he wouldn't take it seriously since they always bantered and joked about things like that with each other.

But Y/N got surprised one morning when she was chatting with one of her classmates at their school corridor and Harley sees them. He suddenly avoids eye-contact with Y/N which she thought was weird. Worried that Harley was avoiding her.

Her assumption became real when she noticed how he never talked to her in a week. Even running away from her subtly when she tried to approach him.

She knew that she wasn't the most attractive girl in their school. Even her classmates teased her about looking like a boy which Y/N liked because of her masculinity. But she knew that dating one of her school's heartthrob were impossible.

Since she knew how much jealousy and attention she would get. But Harley straight up showing that he doesn't reciprocate her feelings, and now he acts like they're strangers is a big painful hit in her heart.

Y/N felt terribly heart broken after that. She was young and she really was in love with him. She spent the weekend crying and watching sad movies because of that. But that was back when they we're in 8th grade.

Y/N moved on and so did Harley. They eventually started talking in their 9th and 10th grade but without the playful banter and their usual play-chase.

Just normal classmates talking about their school works and activities. Even if she knew she still have feelings left for him.

Her friends also started avoiding Harley. Rosa one of her friends started treating Harley like he just stole her boyfriend even if
Y/N told her that treating Harley like that would only worsen their situation.

Harley was really confused and shocked on why Rosa always slam his papers, call him mean names, roll her eyes at him with no reason at all, and just strongly bump his shoulder everytime they pass the corridor.

Y/N begged Rosa to stop because to be honest Harley doesn't deserve that. He's just human too. That's what Y/N said but Rosa ignored it still.

But that was in the past. Now that they're all in their 20's all of them have forgot about it and moved on. Y/N doesn't feel any romantic attractions towards Harley but she has a special place in her heart for him.

Because she knows that he wouldn't forget how Harley also helped him greatly in the past. And he also remained good friends with her. Chatting with her sometimes and jokingly bantering with her just like old times.

"Gaahh!!!! I can't wait to see you in your dress tomorrow
Y/N!"

"No need to fret about it. You also need to go look for your dress tomorrow. I don't think your boho outfits will fit a ballroom themed engagement party."

"I almost forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. I hope I'll really do see you tomorrow! Bye!" Delia hangs up her phone and Y/N sighs relieved.

She starts to browse for some outfit ideas online as she also excitedly imagines how Harley and her classmates will react to her new look tomorrow.