X. Not Now.

Harley watches Y/N and Christian dance happily across the ballroom. He unknowingly grips Riley's hand tightly, hurting her and making her yelp.

"Oww!" Harley suddenly stops quickly apologizing to Riley.

"Oh my gosh. Sorry are you okay?" He asks concernedly but Riley doesnt show any sign of pain and she smiles back at Harley.

"I'm okay dear." She reassures even though she feels like bursting out and just crying for Harley to just focus on her but she knows she can't do that. Especially after what she'd done to take away Harley from Y/N.

"Are you jealous?" Riley asks suprising Harley.

"Why would you think that?" Harley asks and Riley sighs.

"You've been pushing me away the whole night and you've been desperately watching Y/N and I can see that you're jealous she's with that football player." Riley says but without any malice on her voice. Harley guiltily bites his lip. He might as well be honest with Riley if his gotta start with her again.

"Remember in 8th grade? When I decided to ask you out on Valentine's day?" Harley asks and Riley nods somberly.

"I did that to push away Riley." Riley looks up to Harley In shock.

"I actually fell in love with her but I was ashamed at what they'd think if I dated someone as unpopular and not attractive by their standards at that time." Harley continues and Riley stays silent listening patiently.

"I knew then that she was the girl I want to be with but I rejected her harshly and I asked you out so that she'll just avoid me." Riley caresses Harley's shoulder comfortingly even though she feels a twinge of pain inside her.

"But there's nothing wrong with her she's beautiful." Riley says staring at Y/N smile and laugh with Pulisic.

"Yeah. But I was young and afraid of the peer pressure. Times passed so did my feelings. We moved on from that ordeal because I've already fallen in love with you. " He smiles placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"But you know what happened. We broke up and I was really down because of it. I was actually planning on bailing on this engagement party but Alain wouldn't let me. So I forced myself to go but when I saw Y/N the feeling's I had for her in the past suddenly resurfaced and I wanted to try and rekindle it." Harley longingly gazes at her which adds more hurt to Riley and she too couldn't stop herself from crying.

"Do you regret coming back with me?" Riley asks and Harley realizes what he's doing and he wearily sighs stopping their waltz and pulling Riley away from the Dance.

"Riley I don't regret it. But we need to be honest with each other we should probably meet when we've both re-oriented our thoughts and feelings. Just being here together in this place is just pulling away my focus and attention to you." Harley says and Riley sniffs wiping away her tear.

"Should I accompany you home?" Harley asks but Riley shakes her head.

"No dear. I have my car with me. The dance is almost over and I think you should talk property with Y/N before she leaves." Riley says smiling at him.

"Thank you for being understanding Riley." Harley squeezes her hand before accompanying her outside and they both kiss each other cheeks goodbye. Harley watches as Riley's car leave the area.

"So who's that?" He gets surprised at the voice behind him. He looks back and his blood goes cold as he sees
Y/N's aunt and Mrs. Arrin watch him with question in their eyes.

"I thought you we're with Y/N Mr. Ginns." Mrs. Arrin their strict teacher says.

"Uhhh... Well..."

Meanwhile

"The dance will almost be finished now." Christian says as he twirls Y/N.

"Excited to go home?" Y/N jokes making Christian laugh.

"Not really. You've been a nice company and I wouldn't want our time together to end so soon." Y/N chuckles.

"Same here." Y/N knows that tomorrow will be different for them. Especially since Christian will be busy and she doesn't exactly have enough money or have a passport to visit Christian in Britain or America. She knows he's also extremely busy that's why she want to make this night meaningful.

"Hey Christian?"

"Yeah?"

"I know I've thanked you plenty of times this night but I just want to say thank you again." Christian smiles.

"Don't thank me. Rather thank God for sending me."
Y/N happily nods.

"You're right." Y/N slowly closes her eyes muttering a short prayer and Christian closes his eyes praying with her too. When they finish they sweetly smile at each other again.

"I'm just grateful I decided to come today." Y/N says.

"What made you come?"

"I guess I just want to treat myself and dress up."

"I never ever thought I'd meet footballers and dance with one." Y/N gets surprised when Christian stops looking seriously at her.

"Come with me." Christian offers.

"What? Where?" Y/N asks curiously.

"Somewhere away from here." Christian says firmly holding Y/N's hand.

"Is it somewhere safe?" She jokes.

"Probably as long as the waves don't hit us." Y/N's eyes widen and she immediately smiles excitedly knowing where they'll go.

"Let's Go."