Imagine: Boy Best Friend

~H/N's POV~

I invited y/n over for a study date. Also, to hang out after. We usually do study dates in the library but right now, it's closed so we might as well just do it at my house.

To be real, I've liked y/n for the longest time. Probably ever since we've been friends. But I don't want to tell her in case she doesn't like me back and things would be weird. She gives me mixed signals sometimes, but I can never tell if I'm just seeing things and going crazy or if it's really a hint to how she feels. So I just ignore it.

I tidy up before I hear the doorbell. I take a deep breath in and out, preparing to see the beautiful face behind the door. I'm a little more nervous than I usually am, and I don't even know why. It's just...y/n. The same y/n that helps me in Algebra class. The same y/n I've talked to everyday since the 7th grade.

I open my door to see an innocent smile on her face, her long lashes covering her eyes as she looks up into mine.

Oh wow.

I try to say hi first but my breath gets caught in my throat. She looks so pretty right now. Prettier than usual, if that's even possible.

"Hi, h/n." She chuckles a little and slightly shoves pass me to get in to the house.

"Uh, hi..?" I raise a brow and close the door as I keep my eyes on her. "Why are you making it seem like you didn't invite me here?" She sat on the couch and put her backpack on the floor. I shake my head and clear my throat. "No, no, it's not...that's not..I was just-"

"I'm just teasing." She interrupts. What is wrong with me? It's not like we've never done this before. The only difference is we're in my house. That's it.

I sigh and try to smile. "You want anything to eat? Drink?"

"Do you have hot cheetos?" She asked quickly. I chuckle a bit and walk to my pantry and pull out a fresh new bag. "Just for you." I gave her the bag. "I knew you would want them."

She eagerly takes the bag with her jaw dropped. "You know me too well." She stands up and hugs me.

Goodness. She isn't making this easy. Especially with her cute look right now. She's wearing a hoodie I gave her a long time ago with baggy ripped jeans.

So cute.

We release from the hug. Well she does at least. Tries to.

I keep my arms around her waist and her hands go to my biceps. She's holding on to me with heavy grip and I'm firmly holding her body against mine.

I can't take this anymore.

I rest my forehead on hers and avoid looking into her eyes, for worry that I'm ruining what we have. I nuzzle my face in her neck, and sigh again. "Please tell me you feel it too." I whisper, hoping she understands what I'm trying to say.

She did.

She pulls away my head, holding my face, and looks into my eyes. At that moment, all the worry that I had washed away and was replaced with the feeling of hope. The glint in her eyes seemed similar to mine, I could feel my own. She lightly smiles at me and my heart skips a beat.

She begins to lean in and my breath hitches, as I feel my pulse in my throat.

Is this really happening?

She then stops right before our lips come in contact and I open my eyes to see her face. "I feel this."

She kisses me, and the whole world stopped.

__________________________________________