Chapter 15: Heart To Heart

The room is silent, Knuckles is sitting in a chair, leaning back with his arms crossed starring at the A/C echidna that is sitting on the bed petting the blue flicky gently.

Knuckles stared at the echidna for a while before letting out a small sigh.

"why won't you talk?" Knuckles asked but N/N didn't answer, he have his focuse on the flicky but Knuckles knew his listening.

After N/N calmed down earlier Charmy return the blue flicky and he did take a good care of it which made N/N very glad, Knuckles told the others that him and N/N will have some talk dragging the A/C echidna back in the room while the others follow but Knuckles threatened the others to not disturb them before closing the door right infront of their faces.

Rough is much annoyed by it because she came to visit and only for a door shut infront of her face.

Knuckles doesn't really care about her right now, his main focuse is N/N...his twin brother.

N/N still haven't spoke, keeping the flicky on his hold gently watching the flicky snuggled to him letting out happy chirps...N/N's expression is...unreadable.

Knuckles stared at him, but it seems like he isn't ganna respond so he let out a sigh.

Both brothers are silent, none of them speaking.

"...i remember the time you slipped and fell in the lake " Knuckles suddenly spoke, N/N look at him in a question look.

Knuckles let out a crack smile as the memory repeated in his head.

"you were chasing the chao, but you slipped and fell on the lake splashing yourself, you were trying not to cry" he said with a slight smile as N/N raised a brow.

N/N doesn't remember it, he doesn't remember chasing a chao thing or the lake.

Knuckles noticed N/N's expression as his smile slightly drop.

"...don't worry..you'll remember soon..." he said as he slightly look away.

N/N is silent, Knuckles let out a another sigh.

He wants to have a moment with his brother since well he reunited with him again after 13 years...yet why does it feel that his so...distant from him?

Back then they would argue almost everything but help eachother out, making everything competitive for fun, laughing and play together...

...

...

"you might know him...but remember Echidna you both haven't seen eachother for years...alot have change since you last saw him.."

...

...

Knuckles stopped remembering what Shadow told him, he felt his chest got tight remembering the black hedgehog's words.

He look at N/N seeing him petting the flicky with a blank expression.

...

...

"he might not be the same Echidna you last remembered..."

...

...

Shadow's voice echoes in Knuckle's mind, Knuckles let out a frustrating sigh holding the side of his head, he look troubled.

N/N heard his frustrated sigh, making him look over to see what's up.

He sees Knuckles still in his seat but he look...stressed out with his hand on the side of his head.