Chapter 16

If you like this chapter, please show it some love by giving it a vote. Thanks! Amber 

Noah drove me back to my car at the school, where it sat in the middle of the lot all by itself. The California sun was slowly setting, and the sky was a beautiful blue-orange hue. He pulled up next to my small silver car. I sat there looking at how ordinary it looked compared to Noah's sports car. 

I reached for the door handle. "Thank you for a great time, Noah." 

"Wait a minute." He got out of the car, walked around, and opened my door. "I had a great time too. Can I text you later?" He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. 

"Sure." I took his phone; his finger brushed against mine, igniting a desire to kiss him. I wanted to know what it felt like to have his lips on mine. "Here's my number. I'll be home later tonight." I handed it back to him, gazing into his grey eyes. Then, I heard Ashton's mouth echo in my head that Noah was a player. 

I started to turn to unlock my door when Noah grabbed my hand and turned me around. He brushed a piece of hair away from the side of my face and leaned down; the smell of peppermint tickled my nose. His mouth was inches away from mine, our eyes gazing into one another, and his soft lips were on mine before I could say or do anything. His tongue teased mine, making me want more. 

"I'll text you later tonight, Gemma." He kissed me again, took my keys out of my hand, unlocked my car, and opened the door. "I'll talk to you later." He smiled as I slid down in my driver's seat. 

"Okay." I smiled, setting my purse in the passenger seat. 

I arrived home to find Ashton's car gone, which was a relief because I didn't want him to ask me why I was late coming home from school. Instead, I wanted to go upstairs and daydream about Noah's lips on mine before I started on my homework. I was changing my clothes when my phone rang, and Chloe's picture popped up on it. I answered the call and hit the speaker so I could keep changing. 

"I take it you are home. So, how did the date go? Tell me everything." Chloe asked, clicking something shut. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Getting ready to go out with Braedon. He'll be here in about thirty minutes. I wanted to hear about your date, so I called you while I sat here and did my makeup. That's why I called instead of video chat." 

"No worries. I'm changing anyway. Mom's not here as usual, so I'm going to lounge the rest of the night up here in my room and do homework. As for the date, it was great. He took me out for pizza. Did you know his family owns Angelo's?" 

"Wow...Are you dressed? I'm going to video chat." 

"Yeah." 

Chloe hung up, then called back on video. "Were his parents there at the restaurant?" Chloe asked, applying lipstick and swapping glances between her phone and mirror. 

"His dad came out to greet us before we sat down, and his mom was our server." I crawled up on my bed. 

"His mom was your server? What the..." She put the lid back on her lip gloss and set it down. 

"Yeah, and he didn't tell me right away. We'd been sitting there for about ten-fifteen minutes when I found out. So, I was scared to say a lot after that." I took a sip of my drink. 

"Yeah, I don't blame you. So, what happened when he took you back to your car?" She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, smiling. 

"He kissed me." I smiled. 

"I knew it!" She started to apply her mascara. "I think...You've got a boyfriend in the making. And not just any ordinary boyfriend, but one of the hottest boys in school." She smiled.