Chapter 17

I had a hard time staying focused in all my classes after getting coffee with Noah this morning before school. I tried not to read too much into what he asked but failed miserably. Chloe wasn't helping matters either; with her, he likes you, and you've got a boyfriend statement every five minutes. 

Not to mention, I wanted to find out what was going on with Ashton and Claudia. He couldn't be back together with her. He needed his ass kicked if he did take her back. There was too much drama around me, and it felt like I was drowning in it. He even sat with her and her bitchy friends at lunch. I couldn't even look over their way, fearing I'd lose my lunch all over the table. Needless to say, I wasn't the only one confused with their situation. Olivia could've killed someone with the knives she shot out of her eyes as she glared at Ashton. I didn't care because it got her off my back for now. Let Ashton deal with her since he decided to return to Devil Woman. 

Finally, the last bell of the day rang, and it was time to go home. I didn't know why I was eager to go home, either. Ashton would probably show up at his house with Claudia. I shivered at the thought as I gathered up my stuff. I grabbed my phone and swiped it on as I headed out of class, hoping videos would clear the image of Ashton and Claudia out of my mind. 

"Hey, Gemma!" Noah hollered, running up behind me. "Wait!" 

I stopped, shut my phone off, and put it in my book bag. I turned and saw Noah talking to one of his friends. He turned and smiled, raising his finger and telling me to wait a minute. Chloe was right about one thing, Noah was hot as hell. Even his friend was good-looking too. His friend had blonde hair, short on the sides, a little longer on top that swept to the left side. He must have been on the football team with Noah and Ashton because his arms were defined. I was trying not to stare, so I got my phone back out before I got in trouble. 

"Sorry about that. Ethan stopped me as I was headed to you," Noah said, walking up. "I hope I'm not making you late getting home." 

"No." 

"What are you doing this weekend, Gemma?" He started walking. 

"Nothing." 

"Would you like to go out with me Saturday night?" Noah smiled. 

"Yes." 

"Great. I'll pick you up at six." He opened the school's front door for me, letting me walk outside first. I squinted, walking down the school steps, searching my purse for sunglasses, and realizing I left them in my car. "Great," I mumbled in disgust, knowing I'd have to walk across the parking lot squinting the whole way. 

"I need to get going, so I'll text you later." 

"Sure." I tilted my head to the side, trying to keep the sun out of my eyes. I tried watching him walk away, but the sun made that difficult. I turned and walked to my car, praying my sunglasses were in the console. While I unlocked my car, I peeked through the window to find my tinted rimless sunglasses in the console. At least I wasn't going to be blinded while driving home. I sighed, rolling my eyes at the thought of going home, risking the chance of seeing Ashton with Claudia while I closed the curtain to my room.

I pulled into my driveway, and sure enough, Ashton's car sat alone in his driveway. I stared out my window at his car, wondering if I could just sit here until he took her home. I grabbed my purse and book bag and opened my driver's side door. 

"Hey, Gem. You're home late." Ashton said, walking out his front door. 

I got out, waiting for Claudia, Devil's girlfriend, to come strolling out the front door. I closed the door, bracing myself for her bitchy self to waltz out the door, but nothing was happening. I glanced up at the sky, looking around, waiting for lightning to strike me or something so I wouldn't have to deal with her.