3. Havan

Aarushi

The next morning I woke up on my own and prepared breakfast for everyone as it had been a long time. I set the dishes on the table and soon everyone came for breakfast.

"From which direction did the sunrise today? Is Aaru up without anyone waking her?" Kabir bhai asked rubbing his eyes making me roll my eyes at him. Everyone settled down and served themselves. 

"It's delicious Princess!" Papa said chewing his food and I flashed my million-dollar smile at him.

"We are going to Palace in the evening. Wear something presentable." Mumma said in a warning tone to which I just nodded. I went there only a few times in my childhood. My brothers are best friends with the Princes but I am not much closer to anyone there. 

"Are Havan preparations done, Manish?" My grandma asked my dad to which he nodded in positive. Great! I can't talk while eating but everyone else can.

I went back to my room and searched for a 'presentable' dress according to my mom. I created a huge mess searching for a dress which I have to clear again.

After debating with myself between two dresses I chose the green one. I kept it aside and arranged all other dresses again neatly. It was 10 a.m and the Puja starts at 4 p.m. I have a lot of time so, I chose to watch some series and started vampire dairies. I closed it at 2 and had my lunch. I slept for some time and when I woke up it was already 3:20. And the Puja is at 4. 

Mumma will definitely strangle me to death if I get late. So, I ran into the bathroom and took the quickest shower of my life. I tried to dry my hair which I couldn't in less time so left it to dry making a simple hairstyle and wore my jumkas. I applied a little lip balm and boom! I got ready in 20 min.

I walked down praying my mother and grandmother to not snap at me and to my good luck they were satisfied with my dress

I walked down praying my mother and grandmother to not snap at me and to my good luck they were satisfied with my dress. Kabir bhai drove us to the Palace and soon everyone vanished leaving me alone in this big palace. Kabir bhai went to his friends, Maa and Dadi started gossiping with their respective gangs and I am looking around like a fool. I managed to reach the place where Havan was being held and sat there along with others who were waiting for Havan to begin. The Havan started after the ex-king and queen took the seats doing havan. Once it was done, the entire Royal family offered Purnahuthi and took blessings from the priests. I heard some girls talking about how hot the new king looked but decided not to look at him. Nope, not going to risk. What if I fall for him even harder after seeing him?

After the Havan was done I heard someone calling my name. It was my mom. I went towards her. She was talking to the former Queen. They are best friends I don't know when and how but they are.

"Pranam  Rani sa!" I wished and touched her feet to take blessings. Then I took blessings from her co-sister too. I called her Rani sa because her mother-in-law is called Rajmatha and I somehow couldn't dare to address her as Ex-Rani Sa!

" She has grown up so quick Suvarna!" Rani sa Madhurima exclaimed hovering her hand on my head lovingly. 

"Ha didi! I remember her coming here with Bhai sa wearing two plaits." Choti Rani sa Priyamvadha Raguvanshi exclaimed. 

So, The royal family consists of Rajmatha Janaki Devi, a very strict and dominating lady, and her sons JayaRaj Singh Rathore and Somesh Singh Rathore. JayaRaj is the elder son and ex-raja of Rajasthan.He is married to Rani Madhurima. They had a son and a daughter. Raja Avyaan Singh Rathore, the king of Rajasthan, and Rajkumari Ananya. Somesh Raghuvanshi is married to Priyavadha and their kids are Rajkumar Siddarth Singh Rathore, Rajkumar Vaibhav Singh Rathore, and Rajkumari Nithya.

Rana sa and Shikar Bhai are best friends and Kabir Bhai is the best friend of Rajkumar Siddarth. 

"Beta will you please help Ananya and Nithya in distributing Prashad to everyone?" Rani sa asked.

"Ji" I replied and went to them. But the problem is I can't start a conversation with strangers. I am not a social butterfly. How will I help them when I don't even know how to introduce myself to them?

"Hi! Your mom asked me to help you,"  I repeated the sentence in my mind and walked to them. I can see two girls taking Prashad bowls from pandit ji. I went there and stood behind them. But how am I going to gain their attention?

"Suniye!" Yuck. It sounds like some TV serial dialogue or as if I am addressing my husband.

"Look!" Naah! It sounds arrogant.

"Excuse me!" Yes! This is perfect. I decided to use it and opened my eyes but they both are gone! I roamed my eyes around and found them walking out so I followed them.

"Ex...Excuse me!" I finally breathed out. They turned around with a smile.

"Yes!" One of the girls asked. I know they are Princesses but I don't know who's who.

"Woh... Rani sa asked me to help you in distributing Prashad!" I said and looked at them expecting some reply.

"Oh! Thank you! Come along." The other girl said. Thank god! These people are not arrogant bitches. I breathed out a sigh of relief and followed them. 

We distributed Prashad to most of the people. 

"Now only Avyaan Bhai, Siddarth Bhai, Kabir Bhai, Shikar Bhai, and Manish Uncle and Papa are left," Ananya said to which we both nodded. 

"Let's search for them. We will go in different directions." Nithya said and we both nodded. They both left but now the problem is I don't know where to go. So, I called Kabir bhai and he said he was in some gym room with his friends and gave me directions. 

I went there and gave Prashad to Kabir bhai and his 3 other friends. Bhai introduced us. One of them was Rajkumar Siddarth. I greeted them and my phone went off. It was Mumma. I excused myself from there and started searching for Mumma. But I lost my way back! Every corridor looks the same and I don't remember the way I came as I walked mindlessly only taking the turns Bhai said.

God! Please send someone who helps me to find my way!