11. What's wrong?

Aarushi

His being closer to me is definitely doing something to me. I closed my eyes to suppress my rising heartbeats and changed into the clothes Mumma asked me to wear. I wore my bangles and went down taking my dupatta.

"Shall we?" I asked looking at him sitting in the living room looking at something very keenly. His chain of thoughts broke with my voice and he gave me a smile getting up. We both walked out and this time he didn't open the door for me. We both took our seats and he started driving. He was not wearing his seat belt and it disturbed me. 

"Um... please wear a seatbelt na!" I requested. He gave me a smile and wore his seatbelt. We reached a mall and he parked the car. I was about to open the door when he again held my hand. I was expecting him to kiss my knuckles like last time but he pulled me onto his lap. I gasped at the sudden pull and he chuckled.

"Can I kiss your neck?" His husky voice rang in my ears making me clutch his shoulder in a tighter grip. I felt tingles run down my spine at our proximity as breath fanned my face. I could only nod my head a little permitting him to do whatever he wanted to.

He snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. I closed my eyes due to this proximity. I can feel my cheeks burning and redness creep onto them. My sleeveless top is giving him more access to my neck and shoulders. He pushed my dupatta into my lap and started peppering kisses on my shoulder. His grip on my waist tightened as he bit my shoulder. I pushed him a little and turned my face to him.

"I... I am sorry. Did I go overboard?" He asked loosening his grip on me. I held his arms and placed them where they were.

"I don't want to meet your family with bite marks," I said hiding my face in his chest. His chest reverberated due to his soft chuckles. 

"They are called hickeys, darling. And you better carry concealer to cover them up because I lose my damn mind when I see you," He rasped in my ear with his lips touching my earlobe as he spoke, teasing me. My cheeks burnt and I snuggled more into him hitting his chest lightly. He held me closer and drew patterns on my back.

"Shall we go now?" He asked loosening his grip on me. I got back into my seat and pulled him closer and marched out after placing a kiss on his cheek. He is definitely doing something to me. I have always liked him for the way he takes care of everyone depending on him without any words like he was doing it just because he had to do it.. But at times I am with him. I find a different person in him. The person who is not cold, arrogant, and rude but the one who is caring, soft and sensible. His carefree laughs, teasing remarks, and those intense eyes never fail to give me butterflies.

I pressed the lift button and waited for it while he joined me. We both entered the lift and he held my hand as soon as the lift door closed. I started blushing like a tomato.

"Don't worry Ms. Goyal. I am not going to eat you. At least not in a damn lift where people can enter any time." He said making me become redder if it was even possible.

The lift door opened with a ding sound and I tried to take back my hand but he tightened his grip and didn't leave my hand. We both walked out and when I saw everyone I quickly withdrew my hand from his grip. He looked hurt but marked it soon.

I took blessings from his family and they started selecting dresses for both of us. After what felt like an eternity and 30 trials they finally chose a lehenga for me. His shopping was done in 20 min because no one dared to oppose his choice. I wish I could do that. I didn't even get to select my dress. 

Everyone pulled out random dresses and asked me to try them on. They asked me for opinions but before I could say something someone else spoke and that's how they took 3 hours to select a dress approved by everyone. I liked the dress the moment we entered but stayed quiet as Mumma ordered me to not open my mouth. At least they selected what I liked at last.

Rani Sa asked Rana Ji to take me out as they didn't want us to see the engagement rings before the ceremony. We both walked out and he started the car.

"Only we both will go for our wedding shopping." He declared breaking the silence. I snapped my head in his direction.

"I don't want my bride to wear someone else's choice when her choice is perfect." He said making me blush.

"That dress was my choice," I said looking down.

"I know. But, if they had selected something else you would have accepted that." He replied and it was true. Mumma told me to go with Rani sa's choice even if I didn't like it.

"You know me well," I said looking at him with a smile.

"I didn't propose to marry you at 14 just like that madam," His remark made me lower my lashes and I turned to the window trying to hide my cheeks with my hair. He pulled my hand away and pinched my cheek making me glare at him.

"It's paining, " I said taking his hand in mine. He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my knuckles. I held his hand in my lap while he drove us to my home. I gave him a confused look but he just chuckled and gestured me to get down. I did as I was told. He came to my side and kissed my forehead.

"Go in and lock the door. Don't open it until I call you and confirm everything is fine or one of your brothers comes back," He said and kissed my forehead again. He was about to leave but I held his hand and turned him towards me.

"Please be safe for me," I said and hugged him. He caressed my hair and planted a kiss on my hair.

"I will." He said and drove off after I went in.

I have a very bad feeling about it. I went to my room and started doing embroidery to divert my mind.

My parents returned by evening and everyone retired to their respective rooms. I went to my room and decided to call him but then remembered I didn't have his number. What kind of an idiot am I? I was crushing on him since childhood and we are about to be married but I don't even have his mobile number.

I should be awarded for this!

I was about to toss my phone on the bed when it went off. I picked it up with a lot of excitement but it turned out to be customer care. I got another two spam calls and finally, I lost it when my phone went off for the fourth time.

"What the hell is your problem? How much does your company pay you that you are disturbing people at night time? 

No! I don't want a credit card.

No! I am not interested in a home loan.

And No! I am not planning to take any medical insurance!"  I yelled not giving the other person any chance to speak.